LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Window Tint
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:18 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Who makes best quality window tint? Im not looking for anything wild, just a smoke tint. I dont want to have to replace it anytime soon. Or are they pretty much all the same?

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject: interesting....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:36 pm 
i just got on to post basically the same question....best tint? cept i want mine as dark as legal any ody have a clue?!

Later

~Es~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:57 pm 
Addicted to LUV

my .02 is take it to a pro tint shop. it will be more expensive but worth it. the stuff most of em use is alot better than the stuff you find at wally world.
plus Luv_v8 they can put your tint to the legal max but they wont go more (bad for the shops reputation)
ive tinted a few window w/ mixed results and id rather pay the extra $$$ and get it done right.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject: cool
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:05 pm 
i hear ya....my br0 ordered some a few years back and it was way beyond the legal limit but he never got stopped for it, he did it himself, but it was kewl for a year or so but it was so dark that u couldnt see to back out anywhere if it was dark outside it was like...oh...oh shit.....GOD DONT LET ME HIT SOMETHING PLEASSSSE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:24 pm 
Feel the Steel

Yep, go pro! I tinted my own with stuff from an auto parts store and it is scratched up pretty bad! I had all my other vehicles professionally done and the tint on my S10 still looks brand new! As for the darkness of tint, if you can find a shop that will work with ya, they can go darker, you just have to swear you wont tell authorities where you got it done and the shop won't give you a reciept. A guy that use to deliver to my work had a son that owned a shop, which is why I have 20% on my SS! The only bad thing is I have to roll my windows down when backing up at night too!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:22 pm 
Addicted to LUV

around here if they catch you w/ illeagle tint, ohio is 50% (i think :? ), what the cop does is give you a warning and then places a nice big ol gash in your driver side window film.
that away if you get pulled over for it again your screwed :(

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:31 am 
Addicted to LUV

i wanting get get mine done.i know one thing.i don't care if my shit is to dark.if a cop slices mine he's going to end up with a foot in his ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:40 am 
Addicted to LUV

I use a lumaar brand because it doesn't turn purple like the other tints at the auto parts stores.
DO NOT ever put tint on your vehicle from auto parts stores....they all will turn purple.
if you want some good stuff I can get some from a place in ringgold for $2 a foot. 32% is legal here in Tennessee, but I have 25% on mine.

I agree with the other guys....if you haven't done it just get it done.
I have tinted stuff since I was 16. My mom used to work at choochoo customs and several other vehicle custom shops and she used to tint windows and pinstripe vehicles. She is who taught me.

don't ever use any cleaner like windex or anything that has amonia in it to clean your windows with tint. that will turn it purple as fast as you can say....oops!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:02 pm 
well i got my window tint today not putting it on yet, but a friend had some, he let me have it! not sure what % it is, but it's limo tint......so after i get up the nerve ill put it on very very very very very carefully, *breath* patence lol patience

later

Esley