LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: How is everyone doing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:44 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 pm
Posts: 2944
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Been a long time I figured i would hop back in and see how many of you are still active on here. Didnt see a lot in recent activity

_________________
Luvless :(
1980 Mikado-Sold.

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:41 am 
Offline
lives at LUVTruck.com

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am
Posts: 320
Location: Lodi CA
Whats going on I’m still around. I still have my luv but just been sitting in my side yard. Looking forward to next year to start to work on it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:13 pm 
Offline
Feel the Steel
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 12, 2002 11:57 am
Posts: 3886
Location: Y Omen
Still check in daily, cant believe I have been here for 18 years. Not much to post as Facebook has taken away most of the traffic. Just finished restoring my 1968 Harley Rapido that had been sitting for 35 years, so I am hoping to get back to the LUV again now, just waiting to see what is going to happen to the country in January.

_________________
Click on C.M. logo to go to my webpage
Image

RIP R.J.B.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:44 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:48 pm
Posts: 6321
Location: Whittier, (So). Cal.
I still check in every once in a while. Still have the 4X4 since my daughter gave it back to me and bought herself a car. Very slowly building a 75 for drag racing. My son has 4X4 also. He's thinking about buying a 75? from Ben and his Dad to play with.

_________________
OK, I'm over it. Where's the beer? 8)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:13 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 pm
Posts: 2944
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Cool at least a few of you are still around.
I figured facebook has probably knocked most of these forms back to the point of a few posts a month.

I've been looking around half heartedly for another luv but most of them around here are getting so rusted out they're beyond saving or someone has done a really hacked in v8 swap.
One of these days.
Big dreams of swapping the 4.3 v6 and AWD drivetrain from a oldsmobile bravada into one.

_________________
Luvless :(
1980 Mikado-Sold.

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:02 am 
Offline
lives at LUVTruck.com

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am
Posts: 320
Location: Lodi CA
I don’t understand, what is Facebook doing? I don’t have Facebook that’s why I’m asking. Lol. Yea when I became a member there’s was a lot of activity on this forum but is has died down a lot. I come on here almost every day just to check if anyone has posted an update on the builds they are doing.

I wanted to do the 2.4 4zd1 swap with a turbo but my dad gave me a 5.3 out of his suburban so I’m going to head that direction now since it was free and still runs with 280k miles on it lol.

I’m mostly on IG tho they have the # thing you can follow and I see really nice luvs on my feed sometimes. Idk if Facebook works the same


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:17 am 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:49 am
Posts: 3226
Location: North Mississippi
I still check in usually once a day. Still have my luv but it spends most of its time napping in the garage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 am 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:54 am
Posts: 1658
Location: Germantown, TN (right next to ElvisTown)
drummerforhire wrote:
I still check in usually once a day. Still have my luv but it spends most of its time napping in the garage.

Same here. Good to hear from those of you checking in here.

Jack

_________________
'83 Isuzu P'up Diesel LS - Original Owner
JoeIsuzu@IsuzuPup.com
IsuzuPup.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:58 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:41 pm
Posts: 6289
Location: Camarillo, CA
Still around and my LUV does run but has not moved in a looooong time.

_________________
Certified pilots, looking down on people since 1903.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:18 pm 
Offline
Senior Member

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:39 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Norfolk, NE
Hi all, I check in several times a week just to see if there are any new posts or what others are doing. As for me, I'm working on my 72 that I have been working on for 4-years. One of these days I hope to be driving it but I have a ways to go.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:31 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 1117
Location: Hot Springs AR
I still stop by almost daily looking for a flicker of activity. I moved out of CA last year and feeling lucky I did. Its great to hear everyone chime in. It has been pretty quiet for a while here. 8)

_________________
Image

Three Amigos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:16 am 
Offline
lives at LUVTruck.com

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am
Posts: 320
Location: Lodi CA
LUVTRKR wrote:
I still stop by almost daily looking for a flicker of activity. I moved out of CA last year and feeling lucky I did. Its great to hear everyone chime in. It has been pretty quiet for a while here. 8)



Wow where did you end up moving to? Yea I can’t stand our governor!!! And only that but the homelessness is way out of hand.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:58 am 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 1117
Location: Hot Springs AR
juans74luvn wrote:
LUVTRKR wrote:
I still stop by almost daily looking for a flicker of activity. I moved out of CA last year and feeling lucky I did. Its great to hear everyone chime in. It has been pretty quiet for a while here. 8)



Wow where did you end up moving to? Yea I can’t stand our governor!!! And only that but the homelessness is way out of hand.


I moved to Hot Springs Arkansas in May of 2019. I could see where CA was heading and it was time to go. I kept my job in CA and have been working from home here ever since. I was very lucky and closing in on retiring so it has all worked out great. The only thing I miss is the car culture of SoCal. I have yet to find the car guys here but we are spread out a bit more. Orange County CA has 3.1 million people which is the population of the entire state of Arkansas. 8) I do Luv it here!

_________________
Image

Three Amigos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:21 am 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:49 am
Posts: 3226
Location: North Mississippi
LUVTRKR wrote:
juans74luvn wrote:
LUVTRKR wrote:
I still stop by almost daily looking for a flicker of activity. I moved out of CA last year and feeling lucky I did. Its great to hear everyone chime in. It has been pretty quiet for a while here. 8)



Wow where did you end up moving to? Yea I can’t stand our governor!!! And only that but the homelessness is way out of hand.


I moved to Hot Springs Arkansas in May of 2019. I could see where CA was heading and it was time to go. I kept my job in CA and have been working from home here ever since. I was very lucky and closing in on retiring so it has all worked out great. The only thing I miss is the car culture of SoCal. I have yet to find the car guys here but we are spread out a bit more. Orange County CA has 3.1 million people which is the population of the entire state of Arkansas. 8) I do Luv it here!


There’s a little drag strip in Prescott where some LUVs still run.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:13 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 1117
Location: Hot Springs AR
There’s a little drag strip in Prescott where some LUVs still run.[/quote]

Thanks Drummer! , I looked it up and its only 1.5 hours away. I am hoping next year will get back to normal!

_________________
Image

Three Amigos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:48 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 pm
Posts: 2944
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Luvs up here are starting to look pretty hopeless. All the ones for sale are fully rusted out in the beds or covered in moss and muck for a decade

_________________
Luvless :(
1980 Mikado-Sold.

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:36 pm 
Offline
Junior Member

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:24 pm
Posts: 13
Checking in now daily driving a 72 for almost a year now. Los Angeles CA


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:06 pm 
Offline
Newbie

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:22 pm
Posts: 2
I have tried for two days to list my 1.8 litres with 3-speed automatic trans from my 76 Luv.
Finally doing a v8 swap.
Make a fair offer. I am in Tennessee.
Each time I list it I wait for a day or so but it never shows, any advice?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:44 pm 
Offline
Addicted to LUV
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:49 am
Posts: 3226
Location: North Mississippi
Steve53 wrote:
I have tried for two days to list my 1.8 litres with 3-speed automatic trans from my 76 Luv.
Finally doing a v8 swap.
Make a fair offer. I am in Tennessee.
Each time I list it I wait for a day or so but it never shows, any advice?


Apologies. There are 3 moderators who manually approve a new members first post. We do this to manage spam. Sometimes we don’t check as often as we should. You’re good to go now.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group