LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:04 pm 

First time posting just joined the forum so what's up luv family. I need your help. I bought my first 76 Chevy luv and man this is no beginners build. I'm no beginner but not a pro so bear with me. I'm in need of a parts list on what I would need exactly for the S10 spindles. I would like to do the conversion all around so any help would be greatly appreciated. Needs to stop a 327 300+HP motor I'm in the middle of rebuilding. Thanks fam!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:16 am 
Addicted to LUV

I tried it, the caster is way off unless you can get some custom upper a arms built for it. (Not aware of anyone who makes them). The tie rod taper is wrong, you will need to fab some (I believe I used some inners from a Chevy 2) and also use a bump steer kit to correct that. It also adds more weight to the front. I ended up going with Mustang 2 stuff on some tubular a arms, still had the caster issue. I ended up modding some adjustable uppers from Speedway to get it close...

At that HP, I would get some stock rotors redrilled for 5 lug. I ran mine for years like that @160 mph. The guy who offers the service on Ebay is a member here.

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:42 am 

I don't know if this will help, Aerospace Components manufactures a front hub/brake kit for the Luv also. The street kit, part number AC-247VR, is normally $880.00 but they are having a 30% off sale at present. This should bring the price down to the $616.00 zone plus some shipping. Again, I don't know if this helps but wanted to share. I installed one of these kits on my 72 Luv and was impressed with the quality. Good luck with your project! Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:20 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I seen the 30% off also .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:08 pm 
Addicted to LUV

76sleeperluv wrote:
First time posting just joined the forum so what's up luv family. I need your help. I bought my first 76 Chevy luv and man this is no beginners build. I'm no beginner but not a pro so bear with me. I'm in need of a parts list on what I would need exactly for the S10 spindles. I would like to do the conversion all around so any help would be greatly appreciated. Needs to stop a 327 300+HP motor I'm in the middle of rebuilding. Thanks fam!

You must be from Cali, I only hear Cali natives say fam

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 pm 

Nice okay thanks guys I heard of someone on this forum who made some but burned a couple people out of there money at the end. I have some friends I can contact to make the arms too make work with the S10 spindles but I have also took interest in the mustang II suspension.would It be wise to just spend the money and go mustang II suspension if I plan on nice Cali mountain runs and street racing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I don't have any issues with the stock front end . Many have added mustang or pinto racks to the stock front end and coil overs are a pretty easy swap . Mustang 2 is always an option , but seems like a lot of work .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:19 pm 
Addicted to LUV

To be clear, the mustang 2 spinldes/brakes I am running are on custom a arms, bolted to the stock frame and suspension with adjustable tie rods, not a complete rack conversion. Don't forget, the s10 spindle/brake set up is adding a good bit of weight as well...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm 
Addicted to LUV

As mentioned earlier, Nelson is a member on this board. This would be the cheapest route to get 5 lug...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-luv-5-lu ... al&vxp=mtr

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:04 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Where did yall find the aerospace brakes on sale at?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:09 am 

I just checked their web site at http://www.aerospacecomponents.com and as of this Sunday morning 1/21/2018 the sale looks to be good yet. I did receive an email from them on January 12th that sale would be ending soon. Hope this helps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 am 

FYI: Aerospace has posted their brake/hub sale ends January 31st. Not sure if you are still interested in using their brake/hub package but thought I would share. Good luck on your project!