LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:42 pm 

Hey all!
Excited to join the forum as an owner! Just registered my 1980 Luv (mostly stock and mostly rust free) I Washington state). I'm still trying to figure out if the motor (g180) is original or a transplant.
I'd love some advice :
1) engine turns over but won't catch. Played with the carb (readjusted float), got a new set of points). Checked that fuel was getting to the carb by taking off the hose and seeing it spray into a jar. Spark plugs are good... Any other ideas?
2) ordered door locks (currently missing) and twice now I've ended up with locks that are too big for the wholes (Amazon and autozone purchases).
3) less important but a need is the cable/hinge to keep the hood open is missing. What is it called and is a junkyard the only option?

Thanks... In advance
I know is many questions!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:10 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Welcome the hood stays up with a rod. You need the cable/ lock mechanism to keep the hood closed?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:31 am 

Actually I need both the rod to keep it open AND the hinge clasp to keep it closed. I'm not terribly worried about getting it to stay closed as it opens at the front (my Datsun is also front opening and didn't have the right cable for a while and it was fine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:14 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Gotcha. If you can't find the rod,it should be easy to fabricate since it's just a Z bent rod about 5/16 in diameter. Same with the latch. Any number of Japanese cars use a similar latch,even if it catches in the front on that car. Unless you are one of those purists who has to have genuine Izusu parts..lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:36 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Pm sent.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:05 pm 

rodburner wrote:
Gotcha. If you can't find the rod,it should be easy to fabricate since it's just a Z bent rod about 5/16 in diameter. Same with the latch. Any number of Japanese cars use a similar latch,even if it catches in the front on that car. Unless you are one of those purists who has to have genuine Izusu parts..lol

Not me... I'm not a purist... I just want it running... am contemplating a swap... Eventually