LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:20 pm 

Hey guys i have a 1981 chevy luv with 4wd and i am dropping a 265 small block chevy that i pulled from a 1956 corvette. My truck aside from my son is my pride and joy and i thought it needed some beefing up and tlc. I will be painting it next summer and im going with a ford blue because my wifes favorite color is light blue and she is helping me tear apart the motor to clean it up then and more power. So i have already ordered the t5 to sbc v8 adapter and im waiting on that and from today on i will be paiting the motor and transmission since i can do that in the garage. The ford blue actually turned out nice on the th350 that i got for my blazer. I am however not an electrician so im stuck on how to adapt everything to the harness. Advice is taken with high regard and i will be posting pictures when i get the chance to.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:34 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Yeeears ago I bought a 265 out of a '56 BelAir. The idea was to drop it into a Vega. Ended up building a 350 when I found out that the early SBC's had a different motor mount location which would have required an expensive custom fabrication.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:47 pm 

I have the parts, tools ands skills to do so myself. I just wanted a little more beef for the truck and i bought the motor for 150 dollars and the transmission is already mounted. But i have a lot of practice with welding and just bought a 220 watt mig for 100 dollars. And later on down the road im going to do a roots style supercharger with a twin turbo set up. Im going to bore .40 over and get a flat top race piston. Its my wife and i's builder project.