LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:49 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

hotrod80 wrote:
I can buy these 29.5 " slicks from grudge races and true ten five guys for like $60 a pair with 20 or so passes on them . I figured i would give them a try over the 28" slicks i had been using . They seem to work good . Truck slowed down in the 60' , but picked up 3 mph and the et is the same . I also have more tire on the ground . Im sticking with them for now .

I did the same thing with the 29.5s but it seems the side wall is already getting weak in them. My 60' slowed and MPH increased also. Do they shake hard compared to the 28" MTs on your truck? I am only leaving at 3200.

Attachments:
luv.jpg
luv.jpg [ 43.5 KiB | Viewed 35315 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:25 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well im going to try this . Forgive the poor editing as im learning how all this works . I also sound like a hillbilly on camara . Going to do some different angles next year . I also forgot the camara alot of last year and sometimes forgot to turn it on and such . Here goes nothing .
http://youtu.be/QE-2s-c8p7E

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:44 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Nice Video 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 am 
da LUV masta

Really enjoyed the video. Now that we know you have the camera.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:26 pm 
Addicted to LUV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:03 am 
Addicted to LUV

Quick update : I got the fuel system lined out . It is now set up for pretty much anything . It is -10 from the tank to the filter . Filter is on the pump inlet . Pump is Aeromotive SS which is good for 1000HP . -8 from pump to regulator which is a Aeromotive return style . -8 return to the tank and 2 -6 lines to the carb . Fuel pressure is rock solid . Started the truck up on pump gas then drained the tank and did the swapped the new carb . Got the fuel pressure lined out @ 7 psi . I am really happy with results although I didn't get to test Friday night due to a bent pushrod and broken rocker stud . I have no ideal what happened , went bang and lost #4 . Started with compression test which yielded 85# . Pulled valve cover and found this .
Did a leak down while I had it down and all cylinders where low 90's at 100 psi. I had worries I got a head gasket or a valve , but I got lucky . A buddy of mine had a stud and we were able to pull the piece out of the poly lock . Bought 2 new pushrods and got it back together . Just kinda set the carb to the best running settings . Plans are to get it on a chassis dyno with an o2 or temporarily set one up and test at the drag strip . Pretty happy with the whole swap . Went up one heat range on plugs cause it was acting like it would load up a bit . That seemed to stop with hotter plugs . I added a good bit of initial timing also moving the curve to 20 with all the timing in by 2000 with a total of 36 . This took a lot of cam lope out .
http://vid47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/hotrod80/VID_20150201_152208_zps178b8013.mp4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:53 am 
Addicted to LUV

Bummer about the damage. Sounds good in the vid!

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:29 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

cool video. thanks for posting!

8) Keep on truckin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:58 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well , went to start it today and it bucked . I pulled the plugs and it had water in a couple of holes . Looks like it got both head gaskets . Heads are off and going to be surfaced tommorow and gaskets are on the way . Also bought a wideband for it and will be moving the gauges around so i can see them better .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:28 pm 
da LUV masta

Wow, that must have come as somewhat of a surprise. Good thing it didn't come apart on you at the track, and do a lot of damage. Speed Liquidators just sent me some items including a harness for $149.00, and a Lunati cam and lifter kit For $239.88 Don't know if you're in the market, but Lunati cam and lifter kit for $239.00 is a smoking deal for somebody, so I'm just passing it on. I didn't research it, but with the Bootlegger Series it could be a good cam with adjusted lobe separation for smoother idling with a 550 or better lift. Sneaky little devils aren't they?

This new Lunati® Bootlegger Series Cam & Lifter Kit is designed for GM SBC V8 applications. Shop Now »

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Thanks for the tips . I run a hydraulic roller . well I got the head gaskets replaced and everything is back together . Changed the factory dash , as all it did was temp gauge , oil light and alt light anyway . set it up where the back light for the volt gauge excites the alt . This means when I turn on the key the volt gauge lights up til the truck fires . then the back light goes out . I will know I have a charging issue it the volt gauge is lite after the motor fires . I added a A/F meter in Lambda scale . Mechanical temp gauge vs the factory unmarked gauge . Oil pressure gauge vs light I had before ( never paid attention anyway) . The speedo doesn't have a cable , but this dash has a lot more info .
Added a carb pan and sealed it to the cowl hood . Lot of off season work .
Just thought id take a picture of these as they may be rare now .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:47 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Dash looks great! Yea looks like another parking lot is in the making....it's a shame that's a nice track.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:50 pm 

Yes, you're dash looks great. You're whole truck is pretty awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:40 pm 
Addicted to LUV

First test session I was a bit lean at wot . Added 4 jets sizes to it . Had full intentions to test tonight and run 7.0 tomorrow . The Ford decided to kill a battery ( actually both ) by the time I got battaries it was to late to test . Im just going to test in time trials tomorrow . We will see .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:52 pm 
Addicted to LUV

[url="http://evadaleraceway.com/content/?ai1ec_event=texas-vs-louisiana-shootout-2&instance_id=755"]http://evadaleraceway.com/content/?ai1ec_event=texas-vs-louisiana-shootout-2&instance_id=755[/url]

Got this coming up this weekend . My engine builder is coming out with his brother in law to watch . He has a super gas Vega . They are talking about letting me drive the Vega second half of the season and shaking it down for 2016 and running some divisional stuff . We will see . Truck is actually running good . I pulled the rear axle apart and changed the rear bearing o rings . cleaned up the rear brakes , Changed the valve covers and fixed the leaks and pulled the stand alone fuel cell and nitrous to spray on my current fuel choice . As I posted earlier I swapped the 3" SUV flowmasters for Borla XR1's . Between that and the fuel system I lost 100# 70 or so out of the middle and 25 or so off the front . Thinking about swapping the hood as it has to be 30# . 25 more off the front would help a lot .

The motor I broke last March @ Sealy running IHRA is going back together . The heads are rebuilt and you cant tell which head had the damage . I have all the parts and found a nice 4 bolt block . I figured all the parts would build a nice 396 and just buy a shortblock later over 400". I had all the parts in a pile so why not . I was looking at the new Racetech pistons . I really don't have preference what name is on the piston as long as it clearences and is the correct material . Think we settled on JE gas ported with a low tension ring set . Total seal top and a Nathier ( spelling ) second with 12-14 # oil . This will be a full skirted piston for stability . We are within 8 grams weight wise . These will be flat top and 11.8 to 1 . should balance out nice for reasonable cash . Maybe weld a keyway here or their . Dropping the fogger down to 175ish . Ready for the new motor , but my junk stuff is at 6.80's now thinking 6.50's , which will take me out of the index racing unless they change the classes . We will see .

Looked over the weekend points NHRA and was double checking . I am listed as 7th . Points are wrong . I am tied for 5th . Working towards a track championship and a Ironman this year .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 am 
Addicted to LUV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:29 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

thats ugly whats up with that? 8O

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:24 am 
Addicted to LUV

frige wrote:
thats ugly whats up with that? 8O

Thinking this was shavings from the new -8 hoses . This is an older picture I took that I couldn't post due to Photobucket messing up . When I did this I drained the tank and cleaned it out along with this filter . The learning curve is a bit tough with this fuel , but I think im over the hump.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:35 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well Belle Rose rained out and is rescheduled . So i thought i would photo update the current mods . I needed a engine containment device and Vincent (vin 63) hooked me up . Custom made and heat resistant .
I also got this little baby . 180 straight cut rossler promod 2 . Plans are to buy a case and when the new motor goes together im sending the converter back to ATI for a freshen up and building/freshing the trans and putting the new motor in all at one time .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 am 
Addicted to LUV

It has been a while since i updated this , so here goes . I ended up getting my super street liscense and running a divisional . I got to 8 cars in the gamblers race friday night and spun and couldnt run the number . Saturday i broke the planet in the transmission , swapped it in the pits with a spare from the house , got to the staging lanes and was the last set to go down first round . I ended up breaking out with a 10.80 on a 10.90 index , but had a blast .

Well the transmission is fixed and the 1.80 gearset installed . I am waiting to swap it back as my transmission guy told me it had fines in it like the converter was beginning to have issues . I am planning to pull the motor and trans as a combo , break them apart and send the converter back to ATI for a freshen / inspection . I may also consider just buying a new ATI or FTI . If you follow any of my other threads i bought the white 79' back and kinda parted it out and sold the body ( i cant keep 3 of them ) . I pulled that motor and did a tear down ispection . This yeilded a hurt camshaft for #3 cylinder
I also called the machinist that built the motor and had a long talk . Im having comp regrind the cam just as he spec'ed it @ 234/245 @.050 .608/.614 with 1.6 rockers on 108 . I dropped off the heads and had the repair job from the previous owners machinest inspected / tested and they are good . Previous owner took the heads off the motor without draining the block and left water in the cylinders . I honed the cyclinders and reassembled the short block with fresh parts . I will final assemble it when the cam arrives and this motor will be going into the truck til December when the high compression motor goes in . 220 comp post AFR heads and a single plane intake with my carb on it .
The current motor will go into the blue 78' with th350 and 3000 stall , the 9 inch is already in it . I race again on the 11th NHRA and the 18th IHRA ( or Belle Rose super street havent decided yet ) then NHRA points again on the 25th

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next