LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well the Summit wheels didnt work out . I finally had time to pull one of these out of the box and they are Chinese and heavy . Sent them back and ordered Billet specilties streetlites . Not much done today except swapped the passengerside rubber and driverside polly mount for solid mounts . I bought a polyurethane trans mount on the advice from my transmission guy .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 am 
Addicted to LUV

This is what i ended up going with . The summit wheels ended up being built offshore and heavy . Every pound of unsprung weight is like 3 pounds of unsprung weight . This would be like adding 100 lbs to the truck . The new wheels are 15 x 4 2.25 backspace in front and 15 x 10 rear with 5.5 backspace in rear . 165/80R15 front tires and 28 x 10.5 x 15 M/T slicks 3055 S stiff sidewall . New lugnuts and tubes . Starting out next season with fresh rubber and hoping to not change anything .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 pm 
LSX LUV Owner

very nice, i like those alot more

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

New wheels . Slicks will be here next week .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:43 am 
LSX LUV Owner

Looks good

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:16 am 
Addicted to LUV

<----- Jealous! I need some of those...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well,been worried about the throttle cable set up i was using so i bought a solid kit . I used the Longacre kit . Worked pretty good . I also added a sort of toe hook to the pedal while i was modifiying it . Have a Jerry Bickle boot coming for it . Also had a Moroso aluminum water pump that i finally got around to putting on .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 am 
Addicted to LUV

Took it out last night and got 3 passes in . First pass , spun 1.55 60' & throttle hung wide open . Nice pass though . Motor was full of fuel and coughed pretty bad on restart .

Second pass after ajusting the firewall , dropped 4 psi in front tires & 1 psi in rears was better 10.99 . I lifted after the 1/8th mark to make sure the throttle wasnt hung and rolled back in .

Third pass dropped another # in the rears and got back to were i left off last season on the fronts . .045 1.48 6.89 97.61 10.99 118.81 ............ I was a bit late on the leave and knew it when i left . It pulled a nice wheelie , but i think the power valve is hurt as it is loading up rich . Probably tear the quick fuel apart an hang the demon back on it .

Bought a Jaz Aluminum seat and cover and the material to install it . i'll be working on that this week .

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Nice!

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:36 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I'm no expert, but I've had techs give me shit about having open holes in the firewall.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Ben wrote:
I'm no expert, but I've had techs give me shit about having open holes in the firewall.

It' s small hole , like 1 x 2 anf i got a nice Jerry bickle boot coming for it , so i hope it doesn't become a big deal . Here is the boot i bought .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Fresh meat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:09 am 
Addicted to LUV

Took the truck out friday night and got 4 nice passes in . The track was pretty good for street car night it went .012 with 46 # in the fronts and .026 with 45#s. Back to printing time slips with the Demon . The QFT never did the same thing twice . These showed up and i got them mounted and screwed . They get balanced monday .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Nothing crazy , swap meet finds and office interior remodel before season opener Feb 23 & 24 th . New Areospace coolent recovery tank and Jegs girdles for 1350 u-joints . Balcked out the interior somemore . New carpet going in . Lost 22 # worth of carpet pad and 30#'s with a seat swap .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 pm 
LSX LUV Owner

lookin good. I like the u joint stuff.. fancy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:57 am 
Addicted to LUV

New shifter is in , lost 22 # with the interior change and new carpet . Tires are on .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 am 
Addicted to LUV

It looks like it is ready to fly. 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:45 am 
da LUV masta

Going out there Friday night.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Look me up friday night and i could bring the shifter . I will have my enclosed trailer out their getting ready for the season opener saturday and sunday .

Thamks Lvtrkr . I was talkiing to my machinist today and he couldn't believe it went 10.80's with what he called a small cam and low compression .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 am 
Addicted to LUV

Weekend started out crazy . My Powerstroke had the pickup fall off in the tank . I was working nights all week , so friday morning at 5am i get home and start dropping the tank . Had it on the ground by 7:30 and went to bed . Got up around 11 and started the "hutch" and "harpoon" mods to fix Fords better idea . Finished that up about 4 pm . The Luv is still on jacks in the garage . Finished the rotor and cap install and got it back down on the ground ( somehow i galled a lug nut and stud on paas rear so i replaced them ) . Started to load the enclosed and head to the track . Got to the track at 8:30 pm . This place was packed drag cars everywhere and it was street car night on top of it . Got 2 test hits in and i was feeling really good as it went .012 & .021 off the trailer 6.95 backed with a 6.96 . Loaded everything up and loacked the trailer up and headed home .

Saturday morning . Ready to race . Have my buddies kid crawl into the truck to pull it out of the trailer and i gues he hit the linelock button with his knee . Line lock coil burns up so bad the plunger o rings melt . 2 good time trials and into first rounds . Just a note only 3 guys on transbrake as this was just announced tuesday and still may not be final when the new director of Div. 4 gets in place . First round win , second round win , but the tach quites and it's done . Fourth round i get back and i have oil drips . i clean it up and im still going . Lights are decent , but not there yet . Anyway oil down and we sit for an hour . Cold brakes and i creep in to deep and go .014 red in quarter finals , but a good fist outting . Almost 100 cars

Sunday , Got line lock kit i bought for the White Luv , my old tach off the shelf , a few odds and ends , fuel , breakfast tacos and headed out . Found passesnger side valve cover gasket broke and replaced it . swapped tachs , and replaced the entire line lock and bleed the brakes . Good to go except left knee swollen from impact with roll bar sat . Got to the lanes and over here people talking about the new transbrake rule . I index race off a brake , so what the hell . .010 first hit . Went to 11 cars and got out run due to weather change and not taking dial out . Had a good weekend and im getting things lined out .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 23  Next