LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:42 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I think you did pretty darn good for a truck you just put together this year. Next year you should have everything dialed in for sure. 8)

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:35 am 
Addicted to LUV

Blazonic wrote:
Nice Job, I have been to bracket finals 6 years in a row (minus this year) and can't seem to make it past 1st round...

Thanks , I should have won the second round . Next time i will eat a cheeseburger . They always seem to slow me down . Bracket finals are no joke everyone there for the most part earned there way their .

I should be running next year in the points with my Luv.

Looking forward to racing with / against you . I had a fun year .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 am 
Addicted to LUV

CT'S LUV wrote:
HotRod good to hear you made it to Ennis this year,you set the bar pretty high for next year.

Next year they better stock up on Yellow ink for the royal purple raceway team shirts . That way that truck will be on them as track champ . Come on out next year and footbrake with me and Daniel .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:35 am 
Addicted to LUV

My work schedule will be changing soon as i will be off shift and working days 4 - 10s . This will allow me to run a full season next year .

So i made the best pass ever in Ennis spinning (6.971) and have only been able to bring the motor up to 2000 rpm on the brakes , so i figured a new converter would help it out . I was on Bullet and saw a startup company called freakshow performance out of Abilene , Texas . Art Carr went out of busness and the guy in the back making the converters started his own venture building powerglides and converters from scratch . I had run one of his converters when they were selling them under the redneck labal on Ebay and had good luck with it . I called up and went through the usual list of questions and what i was looking for in a converter and what i was doing with the truck . Yesterday i pulled the th400 out for a freshen up to give the new converter a fresh start and will be testing next weekend for the X275 even on Nov 10th . I plan on running 7.0 index

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:27 am 
Addicted to LUV

Got the trans back from the shop and put it with the new converter in last night . Running 7.0 index at the X275 deal saturday .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am 
Addicted to LUV

Man, Art Carr is out of business huh? My favorite converter was an Art Carr. Curious to see how this pans out with Freakshow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:48 am 
Addicted to LUV

Ben wrote:
Man, Art Carr is out of business huh? My favorite converter was an Art Carr. Curious to see how this pans out with Freakshow.

The guy that started this Freakshow performance built all the converters for Art Carr and bought some of the equipment from him at the auction . They had an alias brand called redneck for a while . i bought one for the blue truck and had good luck with it . We will find out this weekend and ill keep you posted .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 am 
Addicted to LUV

New personal best .1.47 60' and 6.92 @ 97.44 mph . at 1600 da .
previous best was 6,971 @ -200 da at divisionals in 54 degree air .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 am 
LSX LUV Owner

nice. congrats.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 pm 
Addicted to LUV

This coverter is a game changer . Ended up testing at small track friday and running 7.0 at the X275 race . Had a bad outting that ended in me getting home at 2:30am . Got up and ran NMCA and went some rounds then got hammered wit a .001 light and 4 over dial . Truck has moved to the next level i just got to get a handle on driving it .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:17 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Sweet! And congrats as well...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:33 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Well , went a couple of rounds at NMRA/NMCA and ended up next to a dude with a 70 Mustang . He went .001 and i was slower on the light and went 1 number over with a 7.08 on a 7.07 . Trailer time as i was already in hot water for testing friday night racing saturday and then sunday which was my mother-in-laws birthday . oops .

For an update . I pulled the drum / drum power assembly off and added the Mopar master cylinder . I am not real hhappy with it at this point . Seems like alot of pedal effort and not enuff travel . I will call Aerospace brakes monday and see what they say .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:06 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Got this figured out . My pedal ratio was 4.65 to 1 . I bent the rod to square it in the hole and moved it up the pedal to create a 7 to 1 ratio . Much better .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm 

hotrod80 wrote:
Got this figured out . My pedal ratio was 4.65 to 1 . I bent the rod to square it in the hole and moved it up the pedal to create a 7 to 1 ratio . Much better .

This is good info. I put the Aerospace kit on the front of my truck a few weeks ago, but am holding out on using the Chrysler master cylinder until I convert the rear to disks. I figured there would need to be some adjustment to get the pedal feel right, but you confirmed it. Did you make the bracket to mount the new (manual) master cylinder to the firewall, or were you able to find a source? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 pm 
Addicted to LUV

phowie50 wrote:
hotrod80 wrote:

This is good info. I put the Aerospace kit on the front of my truck a few weeks ago, but am holding out on using the Chrysler master cylinder until I convert the rear to disks. I figured there would need to be some adjustment to get the pedal feel right, but you confirmed it. Did you make the bracket to mount the new (manual) master cylinder to the firewall, or were you able to find a source? Thanks.

Well just so happens i took some pics of it today to give an idea what is going on . Here is the underdash shot of the areospace brake rod after being cut to length and bent to fit . You can see were i took a piece of plate and cut it to fit the 4 holes from the old booster and the 2 holes and rear of the new booster . I tried to offset the master to the side . I suggest just centering it .

I couldnt get the truck on the converter at all before . At 1800 it was pushng through . I didnt have enough leg to hold it . Now i can bring it up to 2500 . I typically leave at 2200 anyway . It hits the converter harder there .
Random interior picture , but i swapped the pro stick to a pro ratchet . With the new converter it like to pull wheelies . I have been paying more attention to driving than shifting and just smacking it from 1st to 3rd . This new shifter will fix that . Working on a shift noid set up .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:38 pm 

Hotrod- Thanks. This will be really helpful in a few months when I go through th rear end of my truck and convert to rear disks/manual master cylinder. I'll post some pics under my build of the front brake conversion in the next week or so, but I'm waiting on some new front wheels. The Aerospace kit didn't fit inside my Vintiques 15" diameter (7"wide, 4 1/2" bs) rallye without the ridge inside the wheel rubbing on the caliper. Narrower wheels and less backspace should cure it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:40 pm 
Addicted to LUV

New look for the 2013 season . Christmas present from the wife , thanks honey .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 pm 
Addicted to LUV

you sir have a fantastic wife 8)

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm 
LSX LUV Owner

Very cool.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:52 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Went to lonestar motorsports park in Sealy ,Texas for a gamblers race and ended up runner up . Master cylinder and shifter made it alot more consistant . Reaction times are even better now .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 23  Next