LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 am 
Addicted to LUV

the cart looks awesome 8) those flames must add 5+ hp just in cool factor

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:00 pm 
Addicted to LUV

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:07 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Love the cart, can I get a better pic of the rims? I am getting ready to build a cart for cruising around the airport.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:21 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Luvrv8 wrote:
Love the cart, can I get a better pic of the rims? I am getting ready to build a cart for cruising around the airport.

Here it is before . I will get some better pics of the wheels and pm ya . I bought them new off Ebay . They were less than $200 new shipped . The tires are riding lawn mower , so easy on the grass . The paint was good before , but started peeling due to no adhesive promoter or flex additive . Big sheets of paint were coming off ( looked like crap ) .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:25 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

truck is looking better and better hotrod, did you add a cowl to the stock hood? what are you going to use to fill the open spaces that the new fenders don't cover, that's why i never put them on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:23 pm 
Addicted to LUV

CT'S LUV wrote:
truck is looking better and better hotrod, did you add a cowl to the stock hood? what are you going to use to fill the open spaces that the new fenders don't cover, that's why i never put them on.

I have 16ga. panels being made for the holes or gaps that will have flats to bolt to the fenders and 90's to bolt to the bed floor and a 90 turned in at the back of the cab for looks and strength . They will be painted to match yellow . Have not figured out what to do under the tail lights other than steel brake line for braces to keep everything firm . Still need a fiberglass or small rear bumper to cover the frame rails in the back . The cowl is and Ebay $75 38 inch scoop that was trimmed and added with the 2 part panel bonding adhesive/Epoxy . I was told that if you leave the proper amount of epoxy instead of forcing the scoop to touch the metal hood the all three materials could expand and contract without the seams cracking due to temperature change . Im happy with the job .

Got the new driveshaft being built and will pick it up monday . This one is 3.5 inch with 1350 spicer u-joints . Driveshaft loop is in , as is removeable crossmember . The cross member became manditory with the th400 . I also bought a pair of ET streets . These are the 28 x 10.5 x 15 . Basically the old 28 x 9 slick with some grooves cut in to it . I was having a bit of trouble with the drag radial as it was kinda hit and miss . Truck went 1.40 on 29 x 9 Hoosiers so i ought to be able to make it work on a 28 x 9 with Caltracs and Ranchos . I also took 4 drgrees of nose down out of the pinion angle . I am at 3.5 negative . Which sould move to around 1.5 to 2 when i drop the button . I will start with a radial and if need be move to the bias ply as a last resort . I also swapped the rear end gear from 5.00 to 4.11 . this along with the swap from 2.52 ( th350 ) to 2.48 (th400) first gear will take mechanical advantage away help the tire . Removing gear and an adjustible instant center with Caltracs should allow me to dial it in . Probably end up letting go and pulling second to bring it back down . First race of the season is the 17th so we will see . Working hard to get it inspected tuesday . Maybe the rain will stop by then . I also bought/built a fuel flow gauge so i can "creep up" on my tune up . Bracket race rained out this weekend and i needed the test time .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:46 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

man sounds like you got a plan and alot of working to do before next weekend, it's amazing what the lil truck did with all stock supension and those 29x9 hoosier.Truck is looking great and ought to be a beast when complete,keep me in the loop on next weekend and we will come watch and hang out with you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:43 pm 
Addicted to LUV

CT'S LUV wrote:
man sounds like you got a plan and alot of working to do before next weekend, it's amazing what the lil truck did with all stock supension and those 29x9 hoosier.Truck is looking great and ought to be a beast when complete,keep me in the loop on next weekend and we will come watch and hang out with you.

Ok , I will be pitting with Nathan , he has a red SN95 turbo deal . I'll be the only Yellow Luv there i bet .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:12 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

sounds good, just might bring out the stang for some t-n-t.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 pm 
LSX LUV Owner

Lmk when ya go, I've been wanting to go back out n watch some runs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Wicked Mayhem wrote:
Lmk when ya go, I've been wanting to go back out n watch some runs.

This would be the 17th @ HMP . There is a HPT meet in April @ RPR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:19 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

what time you gonna be there?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 am 
Addicted to LUV

Gates open at 3 so shortly after that . I thought they opened at 6 last time and was behind all night . Getting there early .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Ready for saturday .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:02 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

sweet....we will be there with thw stang in tow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 am 
Addicted to LUV

Hey see if we can pit together . Nathans a great guy ( even though he's probably faster than me ) it will be fun . I will call on saturday .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:59 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

that would be awesome, call me ahead of time i'm about 30-40 minutes from there.anybody bringing a pit?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Yea ill bring one . Probably be north of the gas pumps . Wife and daughter going to the rodeo . Kitchen pass for dad if i can get it back together ., See next post :esurprised :arrow: :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:28 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Ended up testing tonight to try and work out some bugs . Fisrt pass with the 2 step set at 3200 and low bottle pressure . It rolled up on the back tires then tore the threads off the u bolts . I had to much in the driverside bar so it tried to move left . thinking im 2 or 3 clicks soft on the rears . It bit hard enough on a drag radial to tear up hardware so i guess im headedin the right direction . Someone said it had 3 in the air and they had a picture . Here are a few random pics .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:45 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I want...

FIAA!

SFPP!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next