LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: fiberglass parts
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:47 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Hey all I have a guy that just took my front end to remake it in fiberglass with spoiler. He is wanting to know if there is any interest from anybody else. He is also going to see what he can do for a new dash. Here is his info. Give him about a week or two from this post to make a mold of my front end. His name is Mike Litsey from Prescott Hot rods number is 928-308-5371 website is www.prescotthotrods.com . Again lets give him a couple of weeks to make a mold from mine.

Post subject: Re: fiberglass parts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:34 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Id be interested in a front clip, if It didn't have the spoiler/wing? Im assuming your talking about the lower valence?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 pm 

Hay all you luv truck fans this is mike from Prescott Hot Rods just wanted to let you know about this front lower valance. This is not a complete fiberglass front end only a lower valance, that would look good and cover the lower frame and look good without a bumper . If their is any one out their that would be interested in one let me know I am trying to make this so that everyone can afford this but the cost of trying this is giong to kill me if I cant get more peaple to buy it when its done..so if their is anyone else that wonts one please drop me a e-mail prescotthotrods@yahoo.com... or visit my sight at prescotthotrods.com..Thanks for your time and I really look forwerd tohearing from you..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Just wanting to know how many people have called for fiberglass parts so far?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:52 am 

[quote="willis3821"] He is also going to see what he can do for a new dash. quote]

Has any dash info been discovered?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:34 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

after the front vance i am going to take my truck down to him to see what we can do on the dash.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

To all that want a front vance custom made we need to get on the ball. Talked to mike he had a few calls but not enough. Right now I am looking at a grand to get this off the ground. need help so call him and step up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:35 pm 

I want one for sure but just dont have the funds for it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

The more we get for orders the cheaper it will be. so we need to all get up and call him. please call asap

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:27 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

willis3821 wrote:
To all that want a front vance custom made we need to get on the ball. Talked to mike he had a few calls but not enough. Right now I am looking at a grand to get this off the ground. need help so call him and step up.

I'm more interested in a dash, and I think a lot more people would buy/order a dash before a front valance, plus I like the look of the frame under the bumper.... just my opinion~

Let me know about the dash when the project starts~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:04 pm 

i agree man. Dashes are a hot item on here. i kno id buy one. if your lookin for profit. try that

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:24 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

The only reason we started with the front peice is cause I need that last peice so I can go to paint. The dash is second on the list. mike is willing to make parts we just need to call him if he doesnt see the phone ring with serious inquires he wont do it. When I talked to him last week he only had like 3 or 4 calls.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:35 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I totally understand man, and can relate~ but not everyone is at that point in their resto/build, I'm not knocking the front valance at all, just not my style. I would be willing to shell out some dough on a dash, as a lot of ppl would, before a valance. Maybe your guy can work on both, I bet his phone would be ringing off the hook if he started the dash project, then use some of that profit to fund the valance and other projects..., all I'm saying is you gotta put a product out that everyone wants, after you got the costumer hooked, you push the more costum items...,

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:37 am 
Jedi Pimp Master

I think pics and ESTIMATED pricing might help garner interest and I'm interested in a dash also. I know years ago when I had my 1st Luv seems like someone was making a fiberglass racing dash?
SRAD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:32 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I need a dash also, just waiting to see what one will cost.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:45 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I'm not trying to argue, I agree with SRAD~ can we get some pic's and an estiment. Let's say 100 ppl order...,

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:07 pm 

i might be interested in a dash as long as it aint through the roof expensive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I will call mike tomorrow and see how many orders it would take to make the dashes at a resonable price. We need to call him if he doesnt see a demand high enough he wont do it. I am willing to have him mod my vance and make mine a one of a kind. but i cant stress enough no calls shows him it is not worth it. so let call him after tuesday. that gives me enough time to tell him to put my vance as a one off make and discuss a deposit and time line for the dash. he will more than likey want a 100.00 deposit and then another 250.00 to 300 after it is done maybe cheaper if he has enough orders. he already told me it would be at least a grand to make the mold. times are slow for everone so this would be a win for his shop and a hugh win for us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:47 am 
Jedi Pimp Master

I can see the problem here. How close will it resemble stock? How difficult will it be to install? Will it fit well? Is warpage going to be a problem, both asmit's curing AND down the road as the truck sit parked it the hot summer sun.

His side, is the labor to build the dash worth the return? It is possible that this would have to be a 2 piece mold. Is there really enough market for some 30 yr old import niche truck? How many dashes will he need to sell to recover is investment in time labor and materials?

$1000 to make a mold seems a little high but I'm not a fiberglass guy. If we had X amount orders with an $50 deposit(20) that would cover the deposit. So from there the next step would be, with the mold cost covered, how much would each dash cost? There is a break point where no matter how nice it is you can't justify the cost. For me, $250ish would be about my upper level.
Just some thoughts.
Also again I think trying to get people to commit or invest in a blind project(on both sides) is difficult. Call me and let's talk about how to make this thing happen!

SRAD