LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hello from California
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:27 pm 

First off, not only am I a new boots here, I admit readily I know NOTHING about Light Utility Vehicle Pickups.
The thing is, that for some reason, I have this desire to buy one. So, I embark on this road to A) finding the best truck for my purpose and B) learn as much as I can from the people (YOU) who know a thing or two of them.
I remember this truck in the late 70's as I was growing up. I came across one on a recent trip to a far land and when I came face to face with this puppy, I knew I had to have one.
For smogg exception purposes in California, I am looking for a 75 or older. I know there were made from 70 to 75 in its original first batch. I don't really know the diff from those 5 years from year to year, I am sure someone will manage to tell me or suggest what best suits my needs; a daily driver for a scant 20 miles commute that I am not affraid to park on the street on account of an award winning paint job.
I have been looking actively on Craig's list in ALL of California and nothing pre-75 is available. A few have come up (usually 72 or 73 for some strange reason) but all thrashed or selling for parts.
I have also searched on e-bay where typically I have found previous cars (such as my current 73 Jeep CJ) with ease. Not this puppy though.

Any idea, suggestion that helps me from where to find them, or which model to buy, or which model to stay away from, is well appreciated. Again, I am not looking for a show room showboat car to pamper inside a garage. I love my cars but I drive them, I enjoy them and they must have a utility as all cars do. They take me to work on any given day, whether is raining or snowing.

Anyhoo, good to be here and I look forward to learning from all of you.

Semper Fi.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:50 pm 
Addicted to LUV

72 is the first year of production, no 70 or 71 models. Good luck with your search...

FIAA!

SFPP!