LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 pm 

What do yall think about me making my 79 luv into a rockmonster!!! Dont think I've seen it done yet pretty excited about it. Pictures too come :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:37 pm 
Addicted to LUV

LuvRock wrote:
What do yall think about me making my 79 luv into a rockmonster!!! Dont think I've seen it done yet pretty excited about it. Pictures too come :D

i dont think i have ever seen a fully exo caged, built luv crawler.
i did see a luv doing some intense stuff up at elbe hills a while back tho, but that was more like jeep trails with some rock climbs thrown in

what do you have in mind for running gear? engine, trans, axles, tire size?

1993 Lexus SC400 my Daily
2004 Yamaha WR250F my new love in life
2016 Toyota Camry my girls ride

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:15 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Im starting a 79 Luv Crawler within the next month, Radius arm front suspension w/ coilovers, in the rear im going to do 52" Chevy rear springs. Debating on motor and transmission right now. I can't decide if i want to do body work first or suspension work first lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:27 pm 
Addicted to LUV

dezrik wrote:
Im starting a 79 Luv Crawler within the next month, Radius arm front suspension w/ coilovers, in the rear im going to do 52" Chevy rear springs. Debating on motor and transmission right now. I can't decide if i want to do body work first or suspension work first lol.

well they say the suspension is the most important part to build on because it is so different depending on the application, and you want to get the most travel you can for crawling... i would start there... who gives a crap about the body its a crawler XD body should be a 1 day thing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:52 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

love4theluv wrote:
dezrik wrote:

well they say the suspension is the most important part to build on because it is so different depending on the application, and you want to get the most travel you can for crawling... i would start there... who gives a crap about the body its a crawler XD body should be a 1 day thing

Well, Normally I would skip body work and paint but Anyone can rockcrawl in a rig, but the real challenge is to do it without body damage :P. My last rig was pretty beat up after a year of wheeling. Im "Hoping" to get my truck in Petersons 4 wheel drive. They just did a Mag article on a 2006 Chevy Colorado with" linked suspension 37" tires, lots of bling axles lol. Im planning on painting my luv the same color. (See Image -> http://www.355nation.net/forum/attachme ... g_0038.jpg ). I think it will be a fun build and it will get attention anywhere i go. I plan on rolling 37" Iroks or maybe 40's if I find a good deal on a D60 front end.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 am 
Addicted to LUV

im sure yo ucould get into petersons with a build LUV because hardly anyone has one!
so your talkin full rock sliders, tube bumpers, roll cage, long travel suspension and some beefy solid axles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:26 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

love4theluv wrote:
im sure yo ucould get into petersons with a build LUV because hardly anyone has one!
so your talkin full rock sliders, tube bumpers, roll cage, long travel suspension and some beefy solid axles

Pretty much. Ive already got the suspension work scheduled at a offroad shop in colorado, I was going to do the work myself but Im too busy for that these days. My last project took alot of my time and I felt like i did more wrenching then wheeling.