LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Getting Going.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:55 am 

Ok So Ive been fairly busy the last week or so since I picked this little luv up.
I jumped in head first and started getting rid of the rust in the floor boards. I started with a liberal application of muriatic acid to eat away the thickest rust and leave shiny steel that I could weld up. (This stuff has to be thouroughly nutralized). I found that the pasenger side was a little worse than the drivers side but not really that bad. Got it all welded up and ground down and painted it with a roll on bed liner... I used a full gallon in probably 9 coats.

While the first couple coats were setting up I ran to a couple wrecking yards to try to find a few goodies Ive read about on here like a distributor from a later moddle isuzu 1.8. A center console from something, to fit between the honda seats I posted in my introduction post. I also wanted to find a snorkle tube type thing to convert to an open air type air filter, and maby an electric or clutch fan.
I had no luck whatsoever in finding a pup or any compatible isuzu to skab a dist from but did manage to find a center console from a 90's moddle chevy blazer that was close enough demention wise that I can make it work. The last yard I hit had a luv with the stock General Lee rims and a good set of tires that they let me have for $200.00 Not much else useable on it tho. Well least that I need.

I didnt realize that the lug nuts were a the weird centering ones or I'd have grabed those too.
On the way home I hit the HW store and picked up some all weather carper and carpet tape and stuff.
I finished off the floors and started removing all the Emissions stuff to decluter the engin bay and free up some more ponys..Well ok Mebby 1 or 2. (No emisions for there in WA state anymore).
I have saved all of this emissions stuff and it is all in remarkably good shape. If anyone wants it Its yours. you just pay the shipping. Im not going to hold onto it for too long.

I think I have a lead on a webber from a guy I gave a running chev 350 to so hopefully that'll pan out.
Once the bed liner was all cured I mocked up the seats and console... I think this is gonna look pretty good.. Ill have to do some modification to the console cause the blazer was an automatic with the shifter and e-break in the console but I think it'll work nice.

Once I was satisfied with the seat placement and finished the mounts I pulled the seats and console out and started on the carpet. If you've never done this before its a long slow process of tucking things where you want them and folding and cutting and thinking and cutting and folding and Uhhhhh.
If ya take your time it turns out fairly nice tho.
I finally got the carpet mostly finished on the floor and mounted the seats and belts and put the center console in its final resting place.

Tomorrow I'll probably finish the center console off and get it mounted and bebby start on the door pannels.

Post subject: Re: Getting Going.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:38 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Your truck is too nice. mine looks like it sat for 20 years without any tlc..... cracked dash, all plastic is faded, all the weather stripping is gone, hood channels are coming off. missing misc interior pieces blah blah...

anyways keep up the good work!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:27 am 
Addicted to LUV

Do you remember what that center console is out of? It fits in there really nice. Good work. I might want that smog stuff for spare parts here. Any idea on what shipping will be? And what smog parts do you have? Thanks, Rondog.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 am 
LSX LUV Owner

damn that center console looks great in there. if my transmission tunnel wasnt 9 feet tall, id love to have something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:07 pm 

rondog wrote:
Do you remember what that center console is out of? It fits in there really nice. Good work. I might want that smog stuff for spare parts here. Any idea on what shipping will be? And what smog parts do you have? Thanks, Rondog.

I have the entire smog system. I pulled everything apart nicely figuring that someone could probably use it. I still need to take off the egr manifold, tube and valvre and the pump bracket. No idea what the shipping is from wash to cal. The center console is out of a mid 90's S10 chev blazer with an auto trans. I believe it was a 92. It doesnt fit perfectly on the tunnel I had to trim the back and front to get it to sit just right and still have some fudging to do But I like it.

dezrik wrote:
Your truck is too nice. mine looks like it sat for 20 years without any tlc..... cracked dash, all plastic is faded, all the weather stripping is gone, hood channels are coming off. missing misc interior pieces blah blah...

anyways keep up the good work!!

Its not quite as nice as it looks but Im happy with it for the most part for the age. The dash top is cracked prety bad and Ill either come up with something custom or do a dash cap.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:27 pm 
Addicted to LUV

No hurry at all. Just don't throw it all away. :) It would just be spare parts for me, so no big deal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 pm 

Been a while but Ive made more progress.
Speakers boxes made and mounted.. Still need to trim the upper carpet in the back and add carpet to the kick panels.
Go the valance and lip spoiler from ctmandu and got them mounted and painted.
Cut the rear bumper down and tucked it in a little.. Looks cleaner I think.
Built the fronnt bumper andmounted it as well as the hidden marker lights.
Finished off most of the primer and brought her outside for a photo.
Did a ton of little stuff aong the way... Getting close to having this thing on the road... Probably less than a month till I start driving it...
Gonna be in primer for a while till I get the paint going.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm 

From
to
Not too bad so far.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:05 am 
Addicted to LUV

8)

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

i like what you did with the front bumper. turned out pretty nice

"No replacement for displacement!"
___/__l____
[_@l__l__@_]***
TILTED wrote:
Boobies!!!!! 8O

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 am 

zyanug wrote:
i like what you did with the front bumper. turned out pretty nice

Thanks.. Was going to go with an early bumper but I havd the extra tube laying around from my last project.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Are your plans to include a small block soon?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:41 am 

Luvrv8 wrote:
Are your plans to include a small block soon?

Yea.. was origonally planning a mild 350 But this thing runs soo good I think Im going to drive itas is for a while before I decide.. Im also a big fan of the rotarys so there is a posibility of a 13 B if I find the right deal.. Like the idea of a V8 Eatn rotary... Brother has a friend that rally races 500 HP rotarys so I kinna have an in on the build up if I decide that way.
Would definitly have to change my tag.