LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:56 pm 
I have a few things I want to do to my truck and I was wondering if anyone has done any of these or am I the first ? :lol: first thing I want to french in the antennae and get it off the fender. I wanna put a roll pan on it so maybe you guys can tell me where you got yours I have seen a few on some trucks. I also had a brainstorm the other day while driving behind a Cadillac STS If any of you have seen these they are nice cars but I want the big long third brake light that is in the trunk lid! I am going to put this in my topper above the window I think It will look pretty sharp. I am also thinking about putting in another heater box for the rear of the truck I know some of you know that it has a step thru cab (was like that when I bought it thats why) Anyway It's colder than hell in the truck during the winter and I was thinking of finding another heater box and rigging it up in the rear and wiring a switch on my dash for it. Should I be able to do this? I mean I can just some way splice into the heater hoses I have now from the radiator and of course fill it up with more antifreeze and water? If anyone can shed some light I would love to hear about it. Or if you have any better suggestions let me know. thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:19 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Several vans and even a few SUV's had rear heaters and should be no problem to hook up.I think most had a hard line for the heater hose with short rubber hoses on the ends. You might be able to get copper line that will work.

I hope I can explain this part,if you find a copper or other hard line that is the correct size buy a compression union for it. Take the union and tighten it on one end this will make the brass peice stay at the end and serve as a aid in holding the hose. Slide the nut off the other end and repeat for the other end.The last nut will have to be cut off but it is no big deal.This greatly reduces the chance of a hose blowing off and can be done on any hard line that you are putting a rubber hose on.As long as the clamp is behind the buldge you are set.

If you run actual heater hose you might want to put the hose inside some of the plastic electrical conduit to protect it. You should be able get it at most any big hardware store. I put one in the back of a Jeep truck one time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm 
Feel the Steel

As for the rollpan, I had mine made by a guy that does louvers. There were never rollpans made for 72-80 Luv's so every one you see was custom fabricated. I wanted to have mine smoothed in but already had the truck painted so I had the guy make it so I could bolt it on as matching my paint would have been almost impossible (notice it doesn't quite match in the pic). Next time I am smoothing the pan in with Toyota supra lights in it (unless something cooler comes along before I do it).

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:20 am 
Addicted to LUV

I have seen a guy that had frenched in his antenna in the area behind the passenger door. looked trick. there is plenty of room in that area for an automatic antenna of you want also.

I have a custom roll pan on mine that needs to be redone. I need to look for pictures of it to post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:46 pm 
get a set of yellow headlights, if you have 4 hl's, do the inner two. they come off an earlier sport bike and are supposed to be the same size as standard car lights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:51 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

ratnluv had a good idea with the copper line. Ive got an astro with rear heat and the line broke. The line its self is almost $200! I was thinking of fixing it with some type of other line too. An astro would be a good doner for the heater set up or check out jc whitneys site. Good luck however you do it.