LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:15 pm 
to bag the front of a luv looks pretty straight forward. i work at a custom shop where we bag trucks all day long. the front end of the luv is suprisingly similar to a toyota front end. so what you need to do it ditch the torsions all together and cut off the bump stops and brackts and place a firstone 2500 bag (or equivelnt) in there and build some brackets.

the rear is cake, just 3 or 4 link it and your done.

i just bought my 77 luv on saturday 3/1/03 and i will be baging it real soon along with suicidedoors body drop to the doors and a chop top.

i will post pics as soon as i get on it.

scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:17 am 
if you guys go to FBImini.com you can buy the whole setup for airbags for about a 1000 but with that you can get the trosion bar brakets that come with it cause you pick your own brackets out . iam gooing to buy the set this summer so i,ll post a pic next year of the truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:18 pm 
if you need any info on baggin a luv i probly can find some for you and ive got like 100+links to parts for baggin

Post subject: [b]air bags[/b]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:28 pm 
ok guys it has been done. I have found a way to do bags on the front of a luv. Im pulling only 4in of lift but it is enough to sit the front down on bumpstops and still be able to pull it up to about 2 in below stock height. if anybody is interested let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:39 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Any pics? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:05 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

did u say u can get 4 ins of lift from it. i am really interesteted in this. matt.

Post subject: Re: [b]air bags[/b]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:11 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

luv performance wrote:
ok guys it has been done. I have found a way to do bags on the front of a luv. Im pulling only 4in of lift but it is enough to sit the front down on bumpstops and still be able to pull it up to about 2 in below stock height. if anybody is interested let me know.
When this guy mentioned 4 inches of lift, he meant 4 inches of lift from the bumptsops up. 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:55 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Ok guys I think I figured it out on the torsion bar/bag setup.Take off the bumpstops all the way around crank the torsion bars all the way down and fab up some brackets and use a rolling sleeve air bag.The bag is in the air ride technologies catolog.The part number is F7076 the minimum height is 3.5'', and the max height is 9''.The diameter is 4'' and the bags run abot $65 each.Its says Capacity@100psi. is 800# does this stand for how much wieght it will hold at 100psi. :?? This is the only bag I can find that will fit in there.For the back you can use the tringulated mini 4-link it has a mount for the bag that bolts onto the rearend with U bolts.On the bottom of the bracket it has holes running all the way back.So you can adjust the length of the 4-link system to fit the luv.It has about 7 inches of adjustability and its made for minis so it has to fit.Oh yeah the 4-link system is a bolt on,no welding.Thats all I can come up with. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:51 pm 
its not really that simple. u need to actuly get rid of the torsion bars out. fab some brakets from the chassis to the lower arm in the front thats where the airbag will go and thats for the front. then u need to get a 4link and idont think theres a bolt on 4link but yeah u need a 4link, u need to get a C notch and weld it on to the chassis, so u need to cut the bed some. then u have to make a birdge ontop of that so u can mount ur airbags then weld the other mount on the axle, then u need to buy the air lines, valves, airtanks, compressor and lil other stuff ohh yeah and u need to relocate the shocks all around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:53 pm 
and did i mention alot of welding? :lol: well if u do it the right way its ganna run u about $2k-3k with everything im starting to notice that bags arent really a good thing stick with the springs and stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:20 am 
Well actually Air Ride tech. does make a bolt on 4-link but it is for the S-10..... so if you have the S-10 rear end in your Luv..... Yes you can have a bolt on 4-link but they dont make them for a Luv :cry: I have already looked into the whole deal with that and made a couple to calls to them. They told me that if I have the S-10 rear end it will bolt up but they couldnt tell me of any mods that might have to be done as they dont know what the bed looks like and if there may be any cutting involved lol
As far as the C notch goes I think that would really depend on how far you want to drop it. So right now if I wasnt selling my baby I more than likely would go with this set-up and hopefully be able to let other members know. Just my two pennies
Later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:26 pm 
http://www.innovativeairsuspension.com talk with this guy about baggin. He created the only 4-link available for an s-10 blazer. He'll be able to tell you what you need and what to do.