LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Question on bumpers?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:09 am 
I have a question about the bumpers that maybe one of you LUV gurus can help me out on. I have 75 and it has the skinny bumper on the front. Is this the right bumper for it? I have seen many alot of the 75 Luvs with out them or with a bigger looking bumper. I am just wondering? Also you guys that are here in Washington what is the law about front bumpers? Do you have to have one? Or can you run without one? I had a friggin MP here on post stop me and told me that I had faulty equipment on my truck I thought that I had a tail light out or something....... so after running my DL he came back and told me that my truck didnt have a bumper..... Well fucking DUH :agrue: :drinking: anyway he told me that Washington law says I have to have a bumper he tells me this as not one but 6 yes 6 other trucks drive by us with no bumpers on them just roll pans. needless to say I was way friggin hot !!! :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: Well I think I have vented enough Would love to hear everyones input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:23 am 
Addicted to LUV

husker im not sure what is the right bumper for yas but i would think you do need one. i removed my rear bumper after having a little chat w/ a local cop who likes minis :D . me said in ohio, on a truck, as long as its got plates and lights its legal,

btw 3rd most dangerous thing in the army is a PFC w/ a badge :2gunfire:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:29 am 
I can do you one better a PFC with a badge who is a friggin reservist!!! And thats just what he was :lol: !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:34 am 
Addicted to LUV

Husker4eva wrote:
I can do you one better a PFC with a badge who is a friggin reservist!!! And thats just what he was :lol: !!!!

hey now easy on the reserves and national guard :lol: im a weekend warrior (guard)
but i hear ya ive met my fair share of prick MPs

btw #1, CW4 saying "watch THIS shit" :)

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:20 am 
Lol I hear ya bro I aint got nothing against all you reservists and national guard guys!! dont get em wrong. I just hate it when you get some snot nosed kid who cant get on with the local PD cause he has no experience as a cop........... well you kinda get the idea! :lol: Hmmmm Well actually my #1 was a CW3 looking at me going did we overspeed the rotor????? Hmmmm the big monster RPM warning light flashing on the dash of my poor Huey mighta been his first clue!!!! Then people wonder why I dont fly anymore ! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:39 am 
Addicted to LUV

I know a Sheriff I can ask about the official law in CA at least. Your right though, there are LOTS of trucks out there with no back bumper. In fact, I think my dad said that when he bought the truck new that he had to pay extra for a rear bumper because it was optional. That's probably why there's that license plate mount under the bed.

I think you do have to have a front bumper. I've seen a few LUV's without one though and I don't have one on mine. But last week a cop slowed WAY down as he drove passed me and was doing a rubber-neck job at the front of my truck. I thought he was going to pull me over but he didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:27 am 
Yeah I hear ya When I got out of the military the first time I had bought a brand new 92 S-10 and they told me it would be another 250$ for my rear bumper since it was an option 8O of course if your gonna tow anyhting in Texas you have to have a bumper! lol at least thats what they say. nevermind that most hitches nowadays are attached straight to the frame. And yeah screw dem bastages!!!!!! I'm getting tired of getting pulled over for no seat belts. :twisted: Since I have the lap belts they cant tell if I have them on then they try to give me a rash of shit saying that I need to have shoulder belts installed I told em if they give me the money to do it I will :lol: ........... But until They pass a law for mandatory shoulder belts FUCK EM :fist: :twisted: :fist: :onfire:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:20 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I don't have any bumpers on mine yet but I do know a guy that got a ticket for no rear bumper here in Tennessee from a state trooper. He had a SS S-10 and it came factory with a roll pan.I remember him going to the dealer and taking pictures of other SS's to take to court but I don't remember how it came out. Most cops are jerks and if you don't just tremble in fear when they stop you they will try and give you a ticket for everything they think they can.
The Mustang boy next door has a friend who got a ticket for holding up traffic at 3:00 in the morning and running slicks.Because the cop did not cath them racing but knew they were or had been.The slicks were DOT approved and a few pictures took care of that and the judge laughed about Holding up traffic at 3:00 AM so all it cost him was a day of work.

Post subject: bumper
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:57 am 
I live north of Seattle and ran my Luv for many years without a rear bumper with no probs, and I too purchased a truck with the option to buy the rear bumper. I believe it is the law and a Fucked one at that.That pfc was a punk. Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 1:17 pm 
Feel the Steel

I don't see how they can say you have to have a rear bumper, like a couple others have said, the S-10's don't always come with a bumper. Here is a shot of my SS that came with a factory roll-pan (even though it is not factory anymore :lol: ). I don't think chevy would have went this route if it was illegal!!! Plus my LUV has a pan and so did my dually and of the few times I have been stopped, none of the officers mentioned not having a bumper. They mentioned the neon, tailights covered, headlights covered, being to low, no front plate and too dark of tint but nothing about a bumper :lol:
ImageImageImage

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

My truck was originaly sold in Calif. It came stock with a skinny front bumper. And it's a 75 model year. I wonder if it's a west coast thing?

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:40 pm 
Hey all,
Well my 2cents, I used to live in Washington(Bremerton) And no I wasn't in the Navy, And I had been pulled over several times for various thing's, Mostly just being 19 and having a 74 chevy pickup that would smoke em in the first 3 gears, And not having a front bumper was brought to my attention by the state guys but never from the local P.D. I think it is one of those things were they think it is wrong cuz your vehicle dosn't "LOOK" like everyone else's so they have to try to intimidate you to conform. If it really is illegal I'm positive they would settle the national debt from the amount of tickets they would issue. Define "Bumper", Is that plastic shit they put on sport utes a bumper? 5mph into a pole =$1500-$3000 in damages? who are they kidding? I wish law enforement would stop trying to put our money where their mouth is,up some beuracrats ass!
WOW! I guess I was do for a good rant :roll: I know this dosn't help but I feel better. And remember S U V does not equal L U V !

L= Light
U= Utulity
V= Vehicle

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:38 am 
Addicted to LUV

Yeah, my old LUV didn't have a rear bumper, and when it got rear-ended, the police or the insurance company didn't say anything about it... but that's here in Mississippi, where our vehicle inspections consist of turning all your lights on and blowing the horn. Once, I had a vehicle that the horn didn't work on, and i carried an air horn like they use at basketball games, and they passed me. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:38 am 
Addicted to LUV

drummer I LMAO when I read that about the air horn.....