LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: need a lift kit
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:06 pm 
does anyone know where i can find a lift kit?? im looking to lift my 79 in the future sometime if i can get the kit. thanks alot

Post subject: lift
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:50 am 
check with JC Whitney, that is where I got mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:52 pm 
For a body lift kit, yes you can go with the kits offered by JC Whitney. They are a Performance Accessories kit, which will have everything you need. You can also buy these from your local 4X4 shops.

As for suspension lift, all you will need to do is find longer shackles for the rear springs (thingies that bolt the rear of the spring to the truck) and crank up the torsion bars in the front. Then all thats left is a front end alignment and you are done. I plan to do this on my truck, but havent figured out how much higher the torsion bars will go in the front. I would estimate that another 2" could be had in the front from adjusting the torsion bars (I observed at least this much while the motor was out of the truck).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:56 am 
Hey all,
I did the shackles in back ($22.00 at shcucks) and tighntend the torsion bars in front, You get a little less than 2 inches net lift enough to fit 30x9.50s with out too much bitching from the front fenders, BUT mine is an 81 and my fenders are a little different than earlier LUVs and it does make the ride a lot more harsh. but havent had any real problems other than the fenders have a tiny bump on the apex of the curve and that came from an airborn experience the three people in the truck will never forget!!!
ope this helps...

Dave

Post subject: lift for cheep
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:50 pm 
I just bought a 79 luv for $200 and would like to have some sugestions on how to lift it for cheep. A friend of mine sugested taking the rear axel and mooving it so that the leaf springs sit on top of it rather than under it. Is this a good ideah? Any sugestions on the frunt? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:26 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

if you do that it will give you i believe about a 5" lift in the rear the front torrsion bars are only good for about 2" so you would have to find an after market way to compensate. or go to a solid type front end. :twisted: