LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:05 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

So Im lookin at my tail gate and thinkin that it would look good all nice and smooth. So I start grindin and poundin and fillin the letters in. Not bad. Until I hit some previous body work. Luckily its not rust repair. But damn that tail gate has taken some abuse. Things dented to piss. Turned out to be quite a project. Oh well. Better than painting a bathroom or tiling a kitchen floor or installing a counter top or anything else that Ive tryed to avoid around here. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:08 am 
Addicted to LUV

HAHA!

I purchased an aftermarket tailgate a long time ago and it had already been smoothed. I have never put it on the truck because a different guy painted it and it looks better than the rest of the truck....d'oh! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:28 pm 
If someone was making a tailgate with the Chevorlet stamped on it like the original, I would have bought one in a heartbeat. I know a lot of guys who lower the trucks like the nice clean look without the Chevorlet on the back, and thats cool. I like the look with the stamping... only problem is my tailgate is rusted.

Just out of curiousity, why do they only make smooth ones for the LUV in the aftermarket? At first I thought it was about legal issues, like the aftermarket manufacturers weren't allowed to put the car manufacturer's name on it. However, I know a lot of other trucks have aftermarket tailgates with the make stamped on it. Anyone know what the deal is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:16 am 
Addicted to LUV

prolly costs more to stamp it in.
you know how cheap the aftermarket is for body parts..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:04 pm 

So I guess I shouldve asked before I started working on mine. Where can I find a smooth one? And are we talking a gate or skin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:40 am 
dude dont worrie about it i am shure you had fun fixin it. thats what i am going to do mine i thnik it looks cool on mimni trucks like you said. was it verry hard.
kevin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 11:40 am 

It realy wasnt to tough. Just time consuming. I did have to weld some holes up on the top where someone had put on snaps for a bed cover. Dents arent too bad, just alot of them along the bottom. And the letters were fairly easy. But you know how it is slinging mud. Put some on, sand it off, put some on, sand it off. Itll look good when its done though.