LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:04 am 
first off i finanly got the 1975 luv at my house. there are a few things it needs to be drivable but it already has a 350 in it. so here are my questions

1. where can i get a new turn signal / high beam switch for the steering column. mine is broken.

2. the fuse block under the hood can you get new ones? mine is coroded and the contacts are not soo good. also is there a top that covers it?

3. are dash pads cheap and where to get one. the dash is fine just no pad.

4. are head lights hard to re wire? it might be the bright/dim switch causing the trouble.

5. drum brakes all the way around. when i press the brakes it goes almost to the floor then hits the brakes hard. no soft smooth slow down it feels like i hit the brakes hard even though i didn't.

any help would be great. the truck is in ok shape but the motor is tired and the electrical problems i already asked about is keeping me from driving it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:44 am 
Addicted to LUV

1. I saw a turn signal / high beam switch on ebay the other day. If I get a chance I will go back and look.

2. you cannot get new ones, but maybe someone has one they are willing to part with.

3.dash pads aren't cheap, but covers are like $75....

4. no they aren't hard to re-wire if needed. I wired mine with new relays.

5. your master cylinder sounds like it is bad.....might want to try bleeding it first though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:11 pm 
Hey Cornbread I have an extra turning signal/high beam switch the only thing is if you need it right away, I am in Kuwait and will be back in March if you can hold out til then I would be happy to send it to you for just S&H
Later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:13 pm 
sounds great. i can wait.

the fuse block has all the fuses in it does anyone have a lable of what each fuse is for?

any ideas on wiring the relays to the lights. wiring diagram please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:59 pm 
Well consider the turning signal switch yours :D I have a 75 as well I am trying to think right off the top of my head I know that the last four fuses (closest to the firewall) are for the headlights, I was working on my headlights before I was deployed.... seems that I have a short or something somewhere I only have high beams right now. Thats how I came to get the extra switch I thought it might have been the turning signal switch, cause before my high beams used to be intermitent. It's a friggin nightmare! :lol: I was thinking of completely rewiring the truck with a painless kit when I do the V-8 conversion.....who knows I might still do it :) That is if I stay in Wa. a little longer, if not then she goes up for sale before I go to Hawaii. :cry:
Later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:56 pm 
Addicted to LUV

The fuse cover is labelled as follows:
15A Lighting
15A Tail
15A Flasher/ Horn
15A Room-Lamp /Air Cond
15A Heater/ Back-up Lamp
15A Fuel Pump/ Emissions
15A Wiper/ Cigar Lighter
10A Head Lamp Upper: R
10A Head Lamp Upper: L
10A Head Lamp Lower: R
10A Head Lamp Lower: L

fuse for the :Lighting is the one closest to the front of the truck, fuse for Lower head light is closest to the cab.

As for a wiring diagram check out the information section at the site entrance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:21 pm 
da LUV masta

is that for all years or from one spesific year?

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:11 am 
Addicted to LUV

That should cover 75-77 for sure, and I think 72-77. I'm not sure on anything pre 75 since I haven't had one. (yet) The 78-80 models are similar but lack the four individual headlamp fuses. When they went to the two headlight setup they went for a self reseting circuit breaker buried under the dash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:21 am 
Addicted to LUV

hey husker why not just swap the low beam bulbs with they high beams and whala....instant low beams only.....and some people swap them to the low beams on the insides anyway....you will be in "style". :-)