LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:32 pm 

Hello,
I have converted from power brakes to manual using the minivan master cylinder with a 7/8 bore. I got this information from some one on this sight who races a yellow flare side LUV but I forget his name. I have a 1976 Luv and have swapped in 1995 S10 running gear. I eliminated the ABS stuff and am using the minivan MC with a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. I have a Mustang II front end with the 9 inch discs and Mustang II calipers and stock S10 rear end. My problem is excessive pedal travel and am wondering if I need a 10 pound residual pressure valve in line to the rear end. It may have not needed one when designed with the ABS stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions.
1976 Luv, 4.3 with 5 speed. TBI
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

If you have drum brakes in the rear then you need a residual pressure valve. This keeps the cylinder piston out against the shoes, so they start moving the shoes upon application of the master movement. You also may want to put a 2 lbs valve on the front. There might already be a residual valve in the rear feed line. It is located under the seat for the brake line in the master. That would be factory. Make sure if it has one that it's working.
The best setup for the front is Granada 11" rotors with the GM metric calipers. They can be drilled with Chevy pattern. You may have them on the S10. The 9 inch are on the small swept area for that application.
Contact tech@powerbyace.com for part numbers and suppliers. They no longer make the brackets. However know who has the better ones.