LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:15 am 

I just completed installing an S10 Blazer rear end with disc brakes into my 80 Luv 2wd. The Blazer brake lines on the rear end will screw right into the Luv brake hose. You will have to modify the bracket that holds the hose to the rear end by drilling a larger hole in it. One other item about the swap. The locator bolt head on top of the spring is smaller than the hole that is in the rear end perch. I machined a bushing that fits tight both on the spring and in the perch. A piece of 1/2" round stock with a hole drilled in it is very close. Other than that, the install fits like a glove. Having re-drilled front rotors to Ford 5 bolt pattern and rear Blazer chevy 5 bolt pattern is not an issue since they sell wheels drilled with both bolt patterns in each wheel. I might mention, a proportioning valve will be needed in the brake line if you plan on running disc brakes both front and rear. Locate valve up front near master cylinder. As for me and my house, we serve the Lord. Bob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:43 pm 

Good work. you said it fits like a glove during installation. is there other installation you've done on the brake line?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 pm 

I don't understand what your asking me. Is there more information you need as to the rearend installation? Bob