LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:46 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I was doing some sanding on my truck today to fix a couple "minor" rust spots that were on my truck. When I decided to remove some old filler that looked inocent enough. But when I started diging what did my eyes behold? A cheap repair on the side of my bed. Some former owner decided to fix the rust hole with window screen and a half gallon of his favorite filler. :evil: :evil: After cleaning all the $hitty repair out I now have a hole about 12 inches long and 3 inches wide on the driver side of my bed. :cry: :cry: :cry: I know what caused the rust origionally, because of the location. It's right in front of the fuel filler. It's got the little box right on the other side of it. So now I have to pull that so I can get in behind it to do a proper repair. I just hate it when people do crapy work. I mean he could of at least pop rivited some sheet metal in their or something. But WINDOW SCREEN? :evil: :evil: Now I have more work to do. Well just wanted to vent. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:04 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

Ahh yes i can relate man.....I was just checking the body of my LUV over the other day. The poor thing has cancer everywhere! And the previous owner did some body filling to help hide things. It worked but 8O, theres A LOT of holes in that thing. He did a good job though so im not too worried. Its not very satisfying knowing that your panels are almost completley made out of body filler though.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:23 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Ive got one rocker panel on my truck that looks more like a sculpture than a panel. Im afraid to start shaving the filler off to see whats NOT under neath it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:30 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I'm pretty lucky this spot and the rocker panels are about the only parts that are rusted through. The passenger side floor was bad but the guy I bought it off of patched it with sheet metal. I've checked it and it looks good. This spot however cought me off guard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:16 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

I had a couple small spots on the floor boards and spots right where the floor meets the kick panels. Such fun isnt it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:40 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

My bed looks like it trapped water behind the little box in the bed. Which caused it to rust. It's a wierd way to rust, because its solid all the way around it. I'm thankful for that it gives me something to build on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:55 pm 
OG Lifer

I found expanding foam from home depot in the rockers of my old blazer. It had been stuffed full of paper towels, then filled with the foam. I never did fix it, just sold it to the next guy and told him about it.

WATCH YOUR PIEHOLE!!!!!!