LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: power steering w/350
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:28 pm 
What is the best way to put power steering in a luv with a small block. Im sure its possible but i need some tips. I really dont want to have to strain to turn all that weight in front. :x If any one has any ideas, pleas let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I was going to rob a power steering box and pump from a Trooper and make my own bracket to mount the pump on the engine block.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:55 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

I think, from my expeirence, where the power steering pump is located on SBC, its going to interfere with your LUV chassis. So your gonna have to fab up a new bracket and posistion it where its not going to affect anything. The box you should be ok for room, unless you are running some sort of crazy exhaust system. Good Luck! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:03 am 
I posted on this topic a while back for someone regarding power steering in a 350 conversion. Because I haven't done a 350 swap I don't know for sure, but I can offer you some thoughts on power steering which I have done. You can throw a trooper power steering box and pitman arm in place of your manual one, which is probably the easiest part of the swap. As far as the pump, you shouldn't HAVE to use a trooper pump and create brackets. Since most pw steering systems produce similar pressures and have generally similar setups, you should be able to use a pump and bracket made for that motor. The only pain you may have is possibly having to have custom high pressure lines made to go from pump to box since I guarentee the fitting sizes and threads will not match. Hope it helps.