LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I have the redrilled rotors already and rebuilt the stock calipers, but I am probably going with a rack and pinion and modifying the steering. So why not get the best set up I can. I have been searching the database but I really suck at search. I see that some folks have used s 10 spindles and rotors. What would the advantage be for that? I will probably use aftermarket brakes no matter what I use. I have aerospace brakes on my race truck and they are fine but I will probably drive this on the street and race brakes dont last long.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:22 pm 
Addicted to LUV

There is no advantage to the s10 rotors other than the 5 lug. actually add weight, and the caster is not so good...

If you are going with a rack and such, you can add your own mounts for the a arms and put mustang ii stuff on it and open up a world of brake options...

Not sure if there is much advantage to a rack, only thing you gain clearance wise is the steering box. Looks cool though...
You can make some mounts to go where the stock removeable crossmember under the oil pan is and install a rack... Search for TJ White's build thread here for some pics. It will allow you to run a rack and keep the rest of the suspension you got...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I have been accused of over engineering everything thats for sure. :lol: Probably the only reason I see for the rack would be more clearance for the radiator. I have seen the mustang kits on ebay, looks like a ton of work.