LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:25 pm 
3" body lift and nerbars or a 4" suspension lift? Any info on anyting about lifting a luv would be very helpfull.
Thanks Derrik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:17 am 
Well , Derrik..A 3'' bodylift should work out o.k...I'm not sure about a 4" suspension lift....I don't think they make such an animal for these little trucks. If ya want to lift your suspension , just crank your torsion bars to lift the front , and use shackels on your rear springs. Thats probly going to be maxed out on what you can do without going with different axils. Shoot me a e-mail and i can send ya some pics of a luv that has fully torked torsions and 8'' shackels , with a 3''+ lift. 33'' tires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:24 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:40 am 
8O 8O 8O A stance like that with IFS!? What the!? Thats a hell of a nice looking truck! Post more pics of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:30 am 
the problem i niticed with my torsion bars cranked was the extremely harsh ride, but did lift the front end quite a bit, with major ground clearence under it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:21 pm 
Yea , torsion bars tend to bend if ya have em torked all the way. I started backing mine off a couple of cranks.....it seems to add more digging power , when ya got to gas on it. My front pumkin ball still measures 16 inches from the ground. It's higher in the front than alot of jeeps i mud- run with ! 8) I don't run it on the road thoughImageThe End..........XXXX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:32 am 
That is one bad ass luv, im luvin it. Thanks for the pics and the info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:52 pm 
so let me see if i got this right full cranked front (backed up a little) 8 " rear shackels and a 3" body lift ?= 33" thornbirds on one bad a-- truck?!?!?! what are you running under the hood and how well has the front and rear end held up? :?: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:25 am 
Thanks...i'm running a newly rebuilt stock 1.8. Stock rearend , stock transfer.....it has plenty of power to spin my tires.....even on dry ground. Ben just added this truck to the photo gallery....there are a few more pic's there...Thanks Ben!.... Golden pond KY....hey ..did'nt they make a movie called On golden pond?? Welcome..to the site :) I'm thinken about selling the truck....just dont know what it's worth 8) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:05 pm 
just looked at your pix and i got to say that is a nice rig! i hope that my 79 looks that good when i get done. didnt think that the stock motor would pull that well but that is great. yeah there was a movie called on golden pond. but it was not filmed here, just like paris tx (where i went to collage) was not filmed there. if you decide to sell your truck someone is gonna be one happy buyer. good luck on it