LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:37 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Hello everyone, :D
I happen to have 2 sets of the factory original door weatherstrips still in the Isuzu bags. I made a call to Steele Rubber company & talked with the owner. He said if I sent him 1 weatherstrip for each door that they could possibly make new pieces for us. There will be some cost involved for R & D. With that being said if I go through with this WOULD THERE BE ANY INTEREST of you guys buying the new made pieces from me. Don't know the final price yet, just making sure there will be a lot of orders. If interested please let me know & thanks for your interest.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 pm 

Put me down for a set! There is the guy on eBay that sells the ones for the Faster from Japan. I would rather have a set from Steele! They have pretty good quality stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:22 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Just so you know before you get too far into it, you probably wouldn't have many people interested because there is a company that already has replacement weatherstrip and it is great stuff and reasonably priced. If you do a search here on the forum you will see many discussions on it. Every couple months it seems someone asks where to get it.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

http://forums.luvtruck.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15373&hilit=weather+strip

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Thanks for that thread about the other weatherstrip company. The thing that I noticed was about the 90 degree bend that had to be cut & made to fit around door. The Steele Rubber company makes exact fit products & the weatherstrip I have to give them is brand new factory Isuzu pieces so it will fit the Luv doors perfectly. I'm just trying to help everyone out on this site because thats why we are all here. It's not about the money for me because I already own the factory pieces. I don't need any weatherstrips made. Just trying to solve a known problem with a exact fit replacement. Just wanted to make sure there would be others on board with same interest before I paid the R & D costs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am 
Addicted to LUV

Mike, you mentioned that yours are from Isuzu. I'm guessing you're offering this for 2nd gen LUVs, but I'll let you clarify.

Jack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:26 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Jack the weatherstrips I'm talking about are for 72 thru 80 Chevy luv left & right doors. They go around the door to seal the cab when doors are closed. I purchased the last 3 sets of weatherstrips at Chevy dealership years ago and then the part was discontinued. I was just trying to resolve a problem for our fellow members. I got in good with owner at Steele Rubber and thought this could benefit everyone here. Thinking now its not a big deal so I'll just leave it alone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm 
Addicted to LUV

How much do you think yours will cost?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:04 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Whats wrong with the Thailand ones? I got the doors, windshield and back window from Thailand fits perfect..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 am 

No complaints on trying to benefit all of us. I am totally all for that. I just happened to notice your post about it and just thought I would let you know. I thought even the factory weatherstripping was cut for the 45 at the corner. I only replaced it on my one truck so far and the stuff I got from restoration specialties worked great. I didn't cut it and just went right around the corner with it and I haven't had any issues. It seals great and hasn't deteriorated. I thought the price was pretty fair, but if something can be done less expensive with just as good of quality, then that is something to consider to help benefit everyone I guess. Chances are it would probably be pretty comparable though and a company certainly isn't going to make them and lose money on them. I didn't know there was a Thailand product out there, but my preference 2nd to an original from Japan would be American made. Who knows if restoration specialties stuff is made here or not? Maybe the 2nd generation weatherstripping is something to consider if it doesn't already exist? Or is it pretty much the same as the 1st generation? All my trucks are 1st generation, so I don't know.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

The Thailand repos are almost as good as oem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:38 pm 

ChevyToyR1 wrote:
The Thailand repos are almost as good as oem

Where do you get those?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:34 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Ebay.. Search for isuzu kb20 or isuzu luv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 am 

Not sure what the Thailand ones cost, I have never even seen those before, but I have never searched for others because I bought mine from restoration specialties and they are quality weatherstripping at a great price and they are located in the US. Check out this thread for item numbers and info.

http://forums.luvtruck.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25327&p=185503&hilit=restorationspecialties#p185503