LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

The outside rear lights are LED, inside ones are incandescent. Reason is because the turn signal flasher won't flash right if they were all LED. The license plate is lit with LEDs. They replace the bolts and have an LED angled downward. Kind of neat. Then the side markers are just 6 LEDs from the waterproof strip that I had. I had some orange LED markers I was going to use, but then learned that the rear side markers have to be red, so I just used that stuff.

When hooked up the LUV to be towed behind my pickup, I have installed diodes so that it will not backfeed into the LUV’s electrical system, and it will power the outside LED marker/turn signal lights – not the inside incandescent lights. Reason is because I wanted the trailer electrical load to be as minimal as possible since the diodes can only handle 3 amps. If I tandem tow, the 2nd trailer will have to be LEDs or else it will likely pull too much current.

I also have all the gauges lit with blue LEDs. I have the "marker" switch wired up now (on a 15amp fuse) that runs all marker lights and gauge lights. I also have an “Interior” light switch that runs some white LEDs that I put up near where the dome light normally runs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:54 am 

Looks very nice! I threw some LEDs on my truck and have thought about doing more, but looks like you beat me to it! Where do you get your LEDs from?