LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Headlight trim
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:02 pm 

I recently bought my new project a 1980 chevy luv but it's missing some body trim n logos n having a tough time finding them if anyone knows where I could find some preferably chrome that would be so great

Post subject: Re: Headlight trim
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm 

If no-one has them here, you will need to start calling junk yards that don't have internet sites and ask for 78-80 Luv parts. We were able to find these parts through a lot of phone calls and crawling through junk yards across several states. Most of the junked Luv's that we knew about have been crushed in recent years, so the parts are getting harder to find in our area. If you have bent or pitted parts, they can be restored. We had a front bumper straightened and re-chromed along with chroming a factory rear step bumper to match. Expensive, but it was needed for our project. The Micaddo logos were another issue, we had to epoxy the pieces and have a cast made by a retired local artist who worked in aluminum castings, the aluminum is way better quality than the OEM plastic and the judges only see the perfect part.
You should be able to get what you need from a lot of phone calls. The hunt is the best part of the restoration process, you can make a lot of friends with similar interests in the process.