LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: lower kit
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:32 pm 
I wanted to know how much a lowering kit would be. I have a 79'Luv and i want to drop it about 4 inches and change my rims from 16 to 14. So i plan to be really low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:59 pm 
4inch lowering blocks and losen the torsion bars all the way down u might be riding on the bump stops. and if u wan to go lower u might have to cut the bump stops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:19 am 
Well the only thing I have found that sucks with mine, with the 14s on it the engine really winds out too soon my top speed is roughly 60 to 65 mhp :lol: and thats no BS. I bought it and it was already lowered Mine has I believe 4" blocks in the rear and there is only one leaf spring,and I have horrible axle wrap and the torsion bars are cranked down. Mine sits very low my frame is about 4 inches off the ground and I have 14" rims the tires are 60's all the way around but I think I am going to go up to a 17" and a lower profile tire that will tuck under nicely and maybe I will get a few more mph out of it and maybe a little better gas mileage too. you could look at mine in the pics gallery it's under Bob Soll although in the picture I have the air shocks in the back fill all the way up, cause I was actually carrying a load :lol: Well just my two pennies
Later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:38 am 
LSX LUV Owner

im ridin bumpstops up front and im only that low... I am cutting the bumpstops off before i start drivin it tho... then gonna lower the back

thats also a 16" rim...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:01 pm 
da LUV masta

I lowered the torsion bars all the way, used 4" blocks in back, then took the "overload" type spring (the flat one on bottom) and put that at the very top of the spring pack, which kinda flattened the whole pack out. I also left off the second to bottom one out. By removing the bottom two and putting the bottom one on top, I estimate 6" or more of drop in back. The main reason I removed the bottom two, was to get some more ground clearance on my shock mounts. With the torsion bars all the way down, bump stops removed obviously, the truck sat pretty level, without any rake or squatting. It rode like ass, but thats what you can expect from a truck with torsion bars all the way up or down. The top of the tires (175/70R14) were tucking under the edge of the fenders in front and back. With some 15" low profiles, it would be much lower to the ground, without as much tuck. I was going to run some 17's which would tuck great and give me a little more ground clearance on the frame. Looked pretty good though, sorry no pics, and I don't have the truck anymore :cry: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:03 pm 
da LUV masta

Oh yeah, to answer the question posted, a set of lowering blocks might run you as little as $30 or as much as $50 depending on which brand you get. Some are better quality, but if is just a street driven, mild truck that won't see any hard driving, the cheap ones will be fine. I actually have a spare set of 3" blocks with U-bolts, lock washers and nuts that someone can have for FREE if they pay shipping.
Just PM me if you want them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:08 am 
Addicted to LUV

i don't think a luv would go 4 inches, maybe 3. i took my bumpstops completely out and i'm sitting on the frame 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:50 pm 
Feel the Steel

My Luv is only lowerd 3" all the way around (the bigger motor helps a little in the front :lol: ). I had to cut the front bumpstops in half and the back ones are just about touching the axle. Very rough ride!!!

RIP R.J.B.