LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: torsion bars
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

http://www.swayaway.com/TorsionBars.php

has any one used this companies products for there luvs?

Post subject: Re: torsion bars
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:43 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I've never used them, but it's pretty cool when companies still make parts for the LUV!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:03 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I will give the set off the truck i went coilovber just pay shipping if you need them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:30 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

willis the intention is to lower the front of the truck and not have such a soft ride... which includes a stiffer spring (in this case thicker torsion bar), thicker anti roll bar, and softer shocks... i might go as far as drop the stock a-arms and spindle in favor of something that will provide more travel... i was just wondering if any one had used this product (if i cant drop the front enough i might as well prerun)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:22 pm 
Addicted to LUV

have you read up on re-indexing the torsion bars to provide a lower ride while still giving the stock amount of spring stiffness?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:53 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

yeah i re-indexed them when i set the ride height the first time and even though the springs were a bit stiffer i just don't feel them being stiff enough

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:30 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

where might a good place be to source a sway bar?

http://www.andysautosport.com/chevrolet ... 00454.html

i mean what i am wanting is a street truck that isn't bagged z=framer tube framed that still serves the purpose of a truck but with more street ability... i guess these 2 companies are a shot in the dark... beings that i have never heard of them...

i guess what i am looking for are adjustable tie rods {from the steering bar to the spindle), adjustable sway bar link rods, thicker sway bar, adjustable shocks and depending on price thicker torsion bars or coil over swap(which i don't want to do)

i have sourced shocks, swaybar, sway bar link rods (universal), thicker torsion bars (need to call for price)

any thing any one else can think of for the front end? (still trying to source new rear leafs since mine are sprung out aal or shackle wont help)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Thanks for the link to the sway bar. I'd been wondering if there was one available for the LUV.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

just be aware that that both the sway bars that Andy's has for sale are both oversized stock is 1/2" bar stock (the aftermarket they offer are 3/4" and 7/8")

this will provide considerably less body roll at the expense of oversteer (the back of the truck wanting to come around front)... if you have considerably more hp then stock (stock horse power you won't notice unless you push through a 90* turn in 3rd)

factory suspension is set up soft and mushy both for ride comfort and for safety (when you plow in to a corner on power the truck will want to at first oversteer then it will want to understeer)

understeer is when you throw the vehicle in to a situation under power or over speed where you turn the wheels in to a hard corner and the vehicle wants to push straight ahead (most factory suspension is setup this way) this is combated by either letting off the gas and applying the breaks or yanking the e-break and powering over (front wheel drive cars inherently understeer regardless oh how suspension is setup) this is combated by giving it power and counter steering... (toe out) setting a vehicle up for under steer is great when your main surface of travle is flat straights where you are looking to pick up speed and stability not in the corners

oversteer is when you throw the vehicle in to a situation under power or over speed where you turn the wheels in to a hard corner and the rear of the vehicle wants to pull around past the front end... this is combated by well i cant say it any better so i will use a quote "power" -Jeromy Clarkson bbc2 top gear (toe in) now this will reduce your high speed stability in the straights and reduce overall top speed but your going to be able to break later in to corners and take them faster....

sorry just thought i would throw that out there