LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: dhp a-arms
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:18 pm 

new to the forum currently have a luv that runs 6.19 looking to try and get the tires inside the front fenders. truck has the toyota hubs up front now. going to do a brake up grade while in there. i saw one memeber had the dhp arms with the mustang ball joints. have not seen to many on here with the dhp arms. i went over the thread when dhp was building them seemed like a long wait and really never heard much feed back once some of u got them on please help i want to do the aerospace front brakes but want to know if i should do the shorter arms w/mustang II spindles or? thanks

Post subject: Re: dhp a-arms
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:42 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

actually the best and easiest so far has been the S-10 spindles. The arms in relation to the spindle and distance to the hub is the same on the S-10 and Luv. When running Toyota stuff the upper arms have to be 1.5" shorter and it makes for lots of camber change on a bagged truck.

The Mustang II stuff is about the same as the S-10 and the good thing there is the ability to run the chrysler style screw in balljoints. Either way my current plan is to always have one of each version in stock for coilovers and for bags.

if you have any questions please ask them here or hit me up at Mike@dallashotrodparts.com or text me at 214-498-4840

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:40 pm 

thanks this is a drag truck and would like to do coilovers. will most likely go with aerospace. main concern was getting tire back inside the fender. truck has toyota hubs on it now. once i get my brakes i will call thks. weight is of a concern thats why i am going with the arespace kit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 am 
Addicted to LUV

The s10 spindle and rotor combo is a good bit more weight in stock form. And the aerospace brakes will stick further out on each side about another 3/8 or so if you use the stock LUV spindles...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:49 am 

I run a set of 15x3.5 convo's with 165/70/15 tyres on my luv. I had to cut an inch out of the top arm and re weld it back together. Ran 1" solid bar inside the top arm for strength then boxed the underside of it. The bottom arm i just removed the washers that are spot welded where the bolt goes through and redrilled it in an 1" and re tig welded the washers back on. I just trimmed off the excess. I also run Spax coil overs on the front so my pipes i made would fit. I used the original shocker brackets to mount the bottom of the coilover. I cut and extended the top mount 3" longer to lower the front and set them up to take the top of the coil over. By taking out the torsion bars i saved a heap of weight and gave me room for some big pipes while still retaining the inner guards. I run slotted and drilled HQ rotors and brakes. HQ would be simmilar to camaro i'd guess.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:44 am 
Addicted to LUV

One thing to remember the stock S-10 spindle is heavy . Front runner type rims seem to stick out further due to backspace .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm 

thanks guys will have to take a look and see what im gonna do over the winter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:18 pm 

chevluv400 wrote:
I run a set of 15x3.5 convo's with 165/70/15 tyres on my luv. I had to cut an inch out of the top arm and re weld it back together. Ran 1" solid bar inside the top arm for strength then boxed the underside of it. The bottom arm i just removed the washers that are spot welded where the bolt goes through and redrilled it in an 1" and re tig welded the washers back on. I just trimmed off the excess. I also run Spax coil overs on the front so my pipes i made would fit. I used the original shocker brackets to mount the bottom of the coilover. I cut and extended the top mount 3" longer to lower the front and set them up to take the top of the coil over. By taking out the torsion bars i saved a heap of weight and gave me room for some big pipes while still retaining the inner guards. I run slotted and drilled HQ rotors and brakes. HQ would be simmilar to camaro i'd guess.

Like your set, I bolted mine on too! and they look great! Can you tell me what you did for steering linkage? the stock Luv steering rod end hit the bottom mounting location of the lower a-arm stopping the movement and making the truck non-drivable. Please advise.