LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: roll pan for my luv
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:03 pm 
hey i just got my 77 luv pickup and i must say it is in real bad shape. not to worry i am restoring every last part of it. the only part that i need to replace is i guess it would be the roll pan. the bumper was hit from behind and the peice right behind it is all crushed in, i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get on or what i could do about it. anyway thanks, and lots of luv to ya

Post subject: lower valance
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:42 pm 
Check out http://WWW.autobodypartsonline.com . They show that they have front lower valances for $21.50, I'm sure this is the part youre looking for, itgoes behind the front bumper and connects the two fenders together. Good luck, Bryan

Post subject: wasnt it
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:43 am 
hey man thanks for that site but i need the one for the back bumper i wraps up around the tail lights, and it was what was all banged up thanks anyway, i also need a dash for it, mine is all cracked and split up. thanks again. lata

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:49 pm 
Feel the Steel

Are you talking about the piece that has a seam all the way up the side of the bed (which can be seen on the extreme left edge of the pic)?? If so, you are either going to pound out yours or find a whole new bed, I am pretty sure that is welded completly to the bed and would be easier to replace the bed than cut one off and weld in a new one. As for a roll pan, this is a roll pan that I had custom made. A roll pan takes the place of a bumper.

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:07 pm 
hey yeah that was the part i was talking about i thought it was replaceable but oh well im looking for a stepside for it anyway but it is almost impossible to find. :? i like that roll pan too do they make on for a luv truck or can you only have them custom made. also im still looking for a dash if anyone knows where i can get one.

Post subject: rollpan
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:15 pm 
Good luck on finding a dash, if you find any let everyone know because probably 90% of us need a new one. Sorry about my confusion as to what you were looking for, i should have paid closer attention to what i was reading. My rollpan is integral with the bed, although it doesnt look like it would be difficult to fabricate. Good luck, Bryan

Post subject: rear tail-lenses
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:40 am 
This is a question for Tilted. I noticed the rear tail lenses on your truck from the picture. They look like after market lenses with the blue dot on them. Do you know where I can get them; I have a '79 LUV.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: rear tail-lenses
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:09 pm 
Feel the Steel

luv shak wrote:
This is a question for Tilted. I noticed the rear tail lenses on your truck from the picture. They look like after market lenses with the blue dot on them. Do you know where I can get them; I have a '79 LUV.
Thanks

Thats actually kind of funny!! I was just in Pep boys today and noticed they had blue dots on the shelf there! I put mine in back in the late 80's and I got them from a street rod shop here in Denver. Mine are glass, but some places sell plastic ones (which I think the Pep Boys ones are). My lenses are stock and I just drilled a hole in them for the dots.

RIP R.J.B.