LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 'baggin' a LUV
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:43 pm 
For those that are interested, the latest issue of Mini Truckin' (Sept. '03) has a tech article about installing front airbags in a torsion bar suspended Nissan. Seems like the same system would work in a LUV.

Looks like a lot of work, but might be of interest to some.

P. S. I turned 60 in June - I credit my LUV convertible for my long life and happiness! Having a good wife helps, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:15 pm 
Unfortunately here in this friggin hellhole of a desert I dont get any kind of good magazines like that, mainly just the Harley mags my wife sends me. I sure wish I could get a few of those :lol: Anyway I wanted to say Happy B-day to you I just hit 35 in June......... nothing like spedning your B-day at "war" in the damned desert!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:48 pm 
hey let me know how the air ride goes i read that article and did think the same thing only one problem even with the bags you cant go ant lower than torsion front ends with out a dropped spindle or control arm im looking in to a place that can make a dropped spindle or tell me what would fit off a different kind of truck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:19 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

the secret word on the street is that a lower control arm off a 88+ body style truck will bolt right into place, at that point you can just buy drop spindles for it....

again, just word on the street, so I haven't verified it yet but with my welder arriving shortly it will be time to weld up my mounts finally and get my bags installed on the front. Time to head to the u-pull-it again :D

stock 72 Citroen DS19

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:20 pm 
lower control arms off an 88 and up what isuzu ?or trooper ? sounds great and what kind of spindles would we buy the 88 and up style ill go and buy the stuff and try it if you guys let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:11 pm 
this space for rent

alright this is a bit off topic but do you know if the upper controll arms will bolt up too? I have read that whith that tyle upper arm you can get more travel and better alingment and yoiu can also do a ball joint flip whitch helps even more :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:53 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

ohhh sorry, lower control arms off a 88 body style isuzu pickup, you know, the next gen body style after 81-87. The aftermarket has dropped spindles for that series of truck. What all needs to be changed, I have no idea. lca, spindle, possibly the rotor/bearing/caliper assembly. If this stuff fits at all, might just be a BS rumor I heard...dunno? If your going to try it I would say try looking fro a used LCA first and see if it fits ont he truck. If it does, there should be minimal other problems...

as far as the upper control arm, I honestly have no idea nor have I heard of anyone that has looked into it......if you give it a try, let us know how it turns out.

stock 72 Citroen DS19

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:32 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

CORRECTION!!!!

A guy off street source mag has tried the lca off the 88+ trucks and it does NOT fit. So what I have heard rumbling around about the lca and spindle conversion is NOT correct.

that means I am back to fabrication :(

stock 72 Citroen DS19