LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Baggin' it?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:45 pm 
Does anyone have their LUv bagged? Or does anyone know if there is a kit that is made for the Luv or something that might work? I'm not really sure what I want to do? I would like to bag the rear and run coil overs on the front lol I'm worse than a woman I just cant make up my mind. Any suggestions? shoot me some ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:00 am 
i had this idea when i changed mine to 4-link [i went coilover in the rear]
the 87 or 88 or 89 ford big station wagon had a computer controled ride
control,it was a very simple sys it had a computer ,ride height sensor ,air compressor ,air shocks.you could take all the leafs out but one,then replace the shocks with air shocks ,mount the sensor,and the computer,wire it up and voila auto ride control ,you could add weight and the height would stay the same,cool huh 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:44 pm 
Well right now It only has one spring and has air shocks. The only problem I have right now is that when I didnt have my exhaust fixed the excessive heat burned the plastic tubing running to my right rear shock. Well now my truck has no real suspension until I fix the stupid line. Well i will get back with everyone on this one later I have about 25 Websites to surf in the next few days and see if I found anything worth a few discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:11 pm 
Feel the Steel

Somebody needs to do it!!! I want to bag mine eventually and need someome to do it so I can ask questions!!! :lol: I would figure any of the torsion bar kits (toyota) would be adapatable, just not sure how bags work with torsions. I think the worst part about it for me will be finding some wheels that will tuck! Not sure if they make tires for custom 17x6 rims????? 8O

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:41 am 
Ok Tilted I got a little info together not much but hey every little bit helps right? I just checked out a website called ridetech.com They have many different options, The one thing that really peaked my interest was the BOLT ON 4 link set up they have a paralell set up and the triangulated set up. They are also not too badly priced as far as I can tell They run just under 1K but of course that is without the compressor. Now I dont know what applications you might need but the B.O 4 link has an application for the S-10 from '82 thru '01. They also have a pretty nice set up called the shockwave which is basically their type of "coil over" so to speak it is an air bag around the shock. but they are pretty pricey. Well just a quick note to let you check it out if you are interested. I am going to contact their support tomorrow and see what if any applications are for the Luv. Hope to have some good news tomorrow! Talk atcha later.[/u]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:05 pm 
Feel the Steel

Ask them about the front, that is the part I don't know how to do. The rear is pretty much universial after you go to a 4-link set up. It is easy up front with a coil suspension but the torsions still puzzle me.

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:25 pm 
Well I think that if you coil it up front you can junk the torsion bars....... I think :roll: But dont quote me on that one. I mean the torsion bars are basically the suspension on the front end besides the shocks. but if your gonna bag it, I would think that you cause their shockwave shocks are a shock and bag in one. They also carry lower control arms (tubular) but they are for the S-10's though so I asked them if they have any applications for LUvs and hopefully I'll know something by tomorrow!

Post subject: here is one
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:32 pm 
here is one that is bagged and bodydroped :)
exactly what i plan on doing when i get my Luv

and here is a link to some more pics of the same truck

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/viewowne ... leid=15036

-Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:09 pm 
Looks really good but it's a little extreme for me ! I mean I think it will be kick ass when it's done I mean It has a 502 big block in it!!! 8O I'm not really to hot on the body drops. I like em low but I still wanna be able to turn it. :lol: I mean if you got the money and want to build up a show car cool I'm all for it. I just need function as well. But I do give the man props for creating a monster '74. Would love to the pics of it when it's finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:32 pm 
Addicted to LUV

not my style either, but it does look good.
what kinda tails are those i wonder?
also that looks like a great way to get rid of the rust in the bed :lol: :wink:

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 11:48 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I think when you look up "low" in the dictionary, there's a picture of that truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:49 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

dang it...i was hoping i could be the first to modify the bedrails to match the lines on the cab a little better :cry: . Oh well...at least i have an idea of what it would look like :wink: I better start wrappin aluminum foil around my head so others quit stealin my ideas :bday: :drinking:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:17 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Quote:
I better start wrappin aluminum foil around my head so others quit stealin my ideas

LOL!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:27 pm 
Feel the Steel

bob wrote:
dang it...i was hoping i could be the first to modify the bedrails to match the lines on the cab a little better :cry: . Oh well...at least i have an idea of what it would look like :wink: I better start wrappin aluminum foil around my head so others quit stealin my ideas :bday: :drinking:

I have wanted to do that to mine for a long time also! I went to the Street Rod Nats in Pueblo CO about 8 years ago and there were 2 LUV's there behind all the rods that had it done!!! I was mad and stoked at the same time! It really makes them look different. I have video of them but don't know where the tape is at. I also couldn't figure out why the one above looked funny also, then I figured that they painted the window frame black like the window. That is a pretty drastic effect also! Anybody have an idea how to fill the bed rail without having it rust out from the inside???

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:07 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I think what he did (i could be wrong) is what i was thinkin about doin and that is get a bed off another small truck and then graft on sides of the luv bed. What do you all think would be the best way to do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:04 pm 
Hey Tilted I got a reply back from Ridetech finally! They guy basically said that he wasnt sure if they had any applications for a Luv cause he has never seen what the front end of the Luv looks like. :roll: Well Duh! Anyway I told him there are 200+ member on this site and at least half of us are looking to go to coil overs in the front :!: So I kindly asked him if it was possible for anyone there to research it, but I really dont think they will get anymore info for us! Well anyway I think I am gonna save up for the Bolt-on parallel 4 link they have and since the only application they have for that which will work for me is for the '82-'01 S-10 rear end since that will be what kind of rear end mine will get this spring. If you have any other questions let me know and I will send in another email to em. Maybe if I bug them enough they will start checking into it. Either that or we ALL send in emails and flood them with Questions from the website and maybe they will stop and think HMMMMM maybe we outta check into those Chevy Luvs! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:14 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

sounds like a good plan cause i hav been needing another front suspension other than the torsion bars. so i think like u said we all flood them with questions about coil overs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:41 pm 
if you read under the suspension section of that profile it says

Quote:
Rear frame custom fabricated by Grant Kustoms, Ford 9", 4 link. Front Toyota narrowed 5".

i wonder why he had to do that?

DID HE HAFT TO DO THAT? or did he just do it cuz he wanted it to be ultra pimp?

and also where it says
Quote:
Custom bed fabricated by Grant Kustoms

what all was done to the bed?

-Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:47 pm 
i think i read somewhere that the bed was off another small truck and the details grafted on to it. but im not totally sure. off the sublect the other day when the propane guy stoped buy he asked my dad if i wanted to sell him my left tail light off my shitty bed that only has that one. how much do u think i could get for it its in pretty good shape. and i will give him the adress tot his site. but i thought it was kinda cool to actually talk to another luv owner in my town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:50 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

that was me i forgot to log in