LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Tube arms, spindle swap
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:40 pm 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Im considering doing a tube arm and spindle swap setup for the LUV trucks. Let me first say that I do not own a LUV.

I had sent an email to someone on SSM about building some after this person asked if anyone builds tube arms for these trucks. I am looking into what the LUV suspension is all about and what can be done to swap in a different spindle. Anyone have some suspensio pics of a stock LUV suspension? please send them.

I was unsuccessful at finding any trucks in the wrecking yards today. I will try again soon but Im not even sure where to look locally.

If I dont find some it would come down to someone sending me one stock lower and one stock upper to make jigs from. I would not need to cut on the arms or anything like that. I would just need them for measurement and such.

thanks and feel free to ask me anything on tube arms or any other suspension related things.

Michael White
www.dallashotrodparts.com

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:00 pm 
Addicted to LUV

pm sent...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:35 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

your products look really sweet :ebiggrin please go for it!!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:24 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Ok I have had no luck at the wrecking yard. I think Ill be able to look more but I doubt I will find any at a wrecking yard here. I will probably need someone to send me one upper and one lower. I wont need to cut the parts or anything. I will just need them for testing and such.

If someone want to send me an upper, a lower and a spindle. I will make you a set of these. I do have a few other projects ahead of it but I can work on the balljoint plates and such in my spare time getting the jig ready.

I see that the stock uppers have a crossbar. This means that I would have to make crossbars and this also tells me already what upper poly bushing I can use. I will use the Energy Suspension graphite impregnated polyurethane. These are the same ones that fit a stock S-10 upper arm. I use these on all my minitruck upper arms.

I will have the balljoint plates plasma cut on our CNC at work. The lower S-10 balljoints use a cup. Im working on a piece of DOM that I will use to make my own cups. For now I have to buy them.

So anyone who wants to be the first to get this ball rolling, please hit me up and lets get started.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:03 am 
Addicted to LUV

pm sent...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:55 am 
Step-side Guru

pm sent

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:35 am 
Addicted to LUV

DHPmike wrote:
Ok I have had no luck at the wrecking yard. I think Ill be able to look more but I doubt I will find any at a wrecking yard here. I will probably need someone to send me one upper and one lower. I wont need to cut the parts or anything. I will just need them for testing and such.

If someone want to send me an upper, a lower and a spindle. I will make you a set of these. I do have a few other projects ahead of it but I can work on the balljoint plates and such in my spare time getting the jig ready.

I see that the stock uppers have a crossbar. This means that I would have to make crossbars and this also tells me already what upper poly bushing I can use. I will use the Energy Suspension graphite impregnated polyurethane. These are the same ones that fit a stock S-10 upper arm. I use these on all my minitruck upper arms.

I will have the balljoint plates plasma cut on our CNC at work. The lower S-10 balljoints use a cup. Im working on a piece of DOM that I will use to make my own cups. For now I have to buy them.

So anyone who wants to be the first to get this ball rolling, please hit me up and lets get started.

I can go ahead and install these on my truck, so the guys can get an idea of what is needed. I have a stock s10 spindle/brake set up already, so it shouldn't take long to mock it up. I can take some pics as I go for here and your website, no problem. I should add, that my coilovers bolt in to the stock locations, so that should be no different than for anyone else that utilizes the stock shocks or airbags. Let me know, and I can ship the arms and spindle on Tuesday, (holiday monday) Thanks.

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:29 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Looks like nice stuff. Someone who usually posts just to sell their stuff here gets run off quickly. Just my 2 cents.
You look like you make some nice stuff. I like a guy that is doing something like this as a small busines person.
You should post some real testimonials from people who use your product. If possible have people that are willing to respond to questions that people have had about your products.

Your web site needs a little work. Missing pictures and pages... Need some help? We might be able to work something out. :wink:

Keep us up to date on your progress.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:24 pm 

I am the one that was in contact with him to get this going. I send him a link to the site so he could see what was being some now and why we need these arms to swap in better spindles rather than a bracket. I am confident that with a properly built set of upper and lower control arms this will be a easy bolt on fix for our front suspension issues. Yes it will cost a little more but it will be done right and hopefully and easy bolt on application.

I think the biggest issue will be wether these should be built for a S10 or Toyota spindle. If everyone can come up with a majority vote it will allow for one set, one jig and hopefully a better price. That way the only difference would be wether you want to run the torsion bars, bags or coil overs. Also from my conversations with him this will allow for is to get rid of thestrut rods on the lower arms.

My vote would be for the S10 spindle.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:42 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Well the spindle option should be a non issue. First I would most likely be using S-10 balljoints. They fit S-10 spindles obviously but they also fit Toyota stock spindles and drop spindles as well as Mazda drop spindles.

I can also make the jig adjustable on length so it should not be too hard to make them up to an inch shorter. I usually make mine without shock mounts. Since theres so many different shock options and so many different ways people add shocks to a bagged truck, as well as all the people who run stiff ass slam bags with no shocks I prefer to not weld them onto the arms and put them in the box if they are asked for. I can also send a couple different styles of shock tabs or a threaded tube.

Since there might be some peeps that want to run the stock spindles I will need one stock upper, one stock lower and a spindle. I will need to keep these permanently. I will offer this person a complete upper and lower set with poly bushings and balljoints for the trade. thats a free set.

Thats the deal I have offered others on other parts and its worked out well so far. So lets get some pieces together and get them headed toward Texas.

Im installing a second jig post in my shop this week so I can work on more than one jig at a time.

as far as my website goes Im doing it myself because its hard to get someone to update it almost every day and trying to explain things in this business is almost impossible. I cant afford to pay someone to do it anyway.

I dont know any fancy programs or even any web design techniques. I use html hand written code and edit it in notepad. simple as that. Its easy to update and Im working on it daily. Its missing pages because some parts I dont offer currently. as I get those parts prototyped Ill add the pages.

Eventually Im going to get a program and a new template. I do have dreamweaver but know very little about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:44 am 
Addicted to LUV

I can send my stuff still. Offer to photo the install for here and wherever else still stands...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:24 am 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

yea any parts you need to compare to I can send as well, just say you need it.

A.j.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:37 am 
Addicted to LUV

I'm sending the stuff to him tommorrow. I will post pics of the install on mine so you guys can see it before you buy it. My plan is to use some stock s10 spindles and rotors for the mockup. Aerospace after I see how it goes...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:39 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Just kidding about your website. My wife has used dreamweaver before, she liked it. My daughter does web design, dad is just a old school guy. Too much extra stuff in those other programs. I have always done it on the fly mostly.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:35 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

PapaG wrote:
Just kidding about your website. My wife has used dreamweaver before, she liked it. My daughter does web design, dad is just a old school guy. Too much extra stuff in those other programs. I have always done it on the fly mostly.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Dreamweaver works well allows for code and GUI on same page. Just redid www.powerbyace.com Added all of the engine swap parts. It sure was easier the first time, a lot less to put together. Big thing I've found is to organize your folders to make linking easier. I also do a lot of the pages in Excel and Word, save then in HTML. Makes it easier to modify later.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 am 
LUVTruck.com Regular

Thanks I just have so much stuff that a web guy wont understand.

Its an ever evolving thing as well.

I have a guy sending me some stock arms so Ill be starting on these as early as this weekend.

I will be making the jig plate today. Its AR500 armor plate from work and I make the uppers on one side and the lowers on the other.

Ill post progress as soon as I have something to show you guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:17 am 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

Am looking to do a swap also. Will these work with the coil over swap from the torsion bar setup some have went to.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:02 am 
Addicted to LUV

I am going to be installing them on my truck, which has coilovers, so you should be good...

FIAA!

SFPP!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:30 am 
Addicted to LUV

I am also keeping tabs on this . Might do this change out with coil overs and areospace also .

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:50 am 
Addicted to LUV

Just would like to add my $0.02. I would like a set up that does not extend my track width, if anything I would like it brought in some.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next