phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:33 pm 
my luv has cancer what do i do? :cry:

this is my inside by the way Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:10 pm 
Looks like your going to need some rust treatment.Go to your local auto parts store and ask for some.Your also going to have to grind on the rust with a wire brush and then apply it.Let it sit for about 48 hours and then primer and paint it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:19 pm 
but some parts of it has rust holes aready :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:22 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

The guest was me,forgot to log in. :x First grind of as much rust as you can and fill the holes with maybe fiberglass or if you have a welder you could tac on a piece of sheet metal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:33 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Count your blessings! Mine had to be worked on pretty hard to fix it up. Believe it or not, yours isnt too bad. you can restructure the floor entirely if you want to fix it for good.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:41 pm 
pretty cool site.. I like this.

yea, that cancer isn't too friendly is it?..

I did that chemical treatment trick and used a wire brush, sandpaper, grinding tools and anything that made it easier to scrape over every single inch of that rust. Pile some good primer on there too. Maybe rust inhibiting stuff... I'd suggest applying more coats than you should.. 8O Buy a gallon and just pour some into the floor pans.. -slop it around real good and even it out.. hey, don't do it just once.. it's kinda fun so you can do it a few times.. :lol: (oh, and if you're in your dad's driveway then you'd be better put something under the LUV BEFORE you start, so it can catch all that paint that runs through) hehehe.. Hey, at least I can laugh at myself..

Even if you make new holes, or make the old holes bigger by grinding, that's not so bad cause it's better than covering-over untouched rust in there I assure you!

I took some old metal realtor signs and cut out a few shapes that would fit over the holes nicely and just popped a few rivets around the perimeter.. glue the pieces of sign onto the floor with like some crazy silicon caulk or some spaceage product that hardens, and pop it in there.. -seal it up!

Don't be scared to try to fix it, but be scared if you don't! :wink:

Or, on the other hand if you decide to take it to a welder to get the entire floor pans cut out and replaced then be sure to shoot me a line cause I'd use those floor pans in a heartbeat.. -those are in great shape! :D

Post subject: Cancer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:17 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Another idea. Wire brush the areas around the holes and weld small patches over them. Clean as much loose rust off of the rest and put a coat of POR 15 over the bare metal. This stuff will chemically change and bond with the rust preventing it from rusting again. At least from the coated side. You can even beat the crap out of it and it WON"T chip off. This stuff isn't cheap, (about $35 a quart), but it does go a long way as it spreads like water. It can be purchased on line. By the way, POR stands for Paint Over Rust. This stuff works as I have used it in the past and even put it on a friends '57 T-Bird. Being parked in south Louisiana, the trunk rusted out AROUND the area we had fixed and coated before.
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:39 am 
what if i just do some dimont plate floor? whats that screw anyway? is that the one that holds the cab to the chassis?

Post subject: diamond plate
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:04 am 
Japanese Redneck

diamond plate would look Fast and....Furious!! lol. but watch out, the bolts may pop out and the plate may fall away if you inject too much nawwws. lol. my friends whole 63 nova is done in diamond plate, actually looks kinda cool. definitely different. i guess none of that will matter if you put carpet back over it.