LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 6 lug to 5 lug??
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:21 pm 
i want to change the front spindles on my 76 to a 5 lug chevy pattern. any body know a spindle that will fit with the 5 lug patt. i tried t/a spindles but the ball joints on the luv were to big. i can't afford a lot of aftermarket stuff and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. i've been told you can weld up the 6 bolt holes and then have them redrilled. but this only looks to be possible with the big chevy bolt pattern. anybody got any suggestions?? email me at jamespolk@ev1.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:01 am 
Just might tell ya for that avatar :D 8O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:04 pm 
right click on the avatar and it will give you the properties. it changes once a week. ok now give me what i want!! wheel adapters are 100 bucks a piece. 75 a piece to have the spindles redrilled . i would much rather have an upgrade so i could maybe use a better braking system. the t/a spindles will probably work but they will have to be redrilled to accept the luv trk ball joint. and i think they will make the tires stick way out. i drag my truck and have 6 lug 14x8 rims on the front and it looks kind of funny with that big tire in the front. i have some runners but there 5 lug chevy small patt . same as the camaros. i'm kinda stuck on this one . i have everything to put my truck back together but want to change these rims out before i go back to the track with it. thanks for any input you can give!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:07 pm 
right click on the avatar and it will give you the properties. it changes once a week. ok now give me what i want!! wheel adapters are 100 bucks a piece. 75 a piece to have the spindles redrilled . i would much rather have an upgrade so i could maybe use a better braking system. the t/a spindles will probably work but they will have to be redrilled to accept the luv trk ball joint. and i think they will make the tires stick way out. i drag my truck and have 6 lug 14x8 rims on the front and it looks kind of funny with that big tire in the front. i have some runners but there 5 lug chevy small patt . same as the camaros. i'm kinda stuck on this one . i have everything to put my truck back together but want to change these rims out before i go back to the track with it. thanks for any input you can give!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:11 pm 
well i forgot to sign in!! lol!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:16 pm 
All I know to do is find a local machine shop to have them redrilled for your wheels. Is this the same pink Luv that I have seen at the NASTY???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:41 pm 
you might have seen it at navasota raceway. theres pic of it on this sight its pink and the name in the photo gallery is cliff polk and sean hartigans 77 luv