LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:21 pm 
Ok, some of you might have noticed a post in the Auctions section about a recent auction for a stock 1977 LUV on Ebay... well, I purchased the truck and promptly drove it back to Virginia from Oklahoma... the truck is apparently stock down to the whitewall tires and performed beautifully... though it was extremely loud and the ride was really, really harsh.

I'm looking around here and I see that someone has suggested removing the two lower leaf springs. Should I do this? Would it affect ride height... should i then have the shape of the springs altered if it would affect the rear height?

Can I do anything about the front end? I gather the torsion bars are adjustable? Can this be softened up, too? How can I check to make sure it's at the stock height and not adjusted to the high side?

Would these Coil Overs help the ride -- do you just add those and leave the torsion bars.

Would better shocks help the ride?

Any suggestions about the noise?

Thanks. I love forums like this!

I'm working on a T Shirt Design!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:58 pm 
u might try taking the the two small leaf springs out the back and try it like that before u do anything to the front then tell us what u think but remmeber this is a truck and not a car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:01 pm 
take the two lower leafsprings off on each side and about the ridehight it will lower slightly like 1/4 of an inch and at the most half an inch