LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:37 pm 
ok first of all does anyone know why the front wheels stick out past the fender? also will my truck handel better if it was lowered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:21 pm 
also what wheels fill fit the luv 6bolt patter? like what cars and what years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:02 am 
Resident Sparktrician

Your first question is subject to the reader's idea of better handling. As far as wheels go, anything that will fit on the general Isuzu trucks (Trooper, Rodeo, VX, etc.) will fit the Luv (6 bolt).

Hope this helps...

1990 Luv 4X4 "Family Cab"
with the big 4 banger on 31" Dueller A/Ts

1989 Dodge Raider with some junk...

"Urban Fighter F.P.C" coming soon to a road near you...:snipersmile:
got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:25 am 
Addicted to LUV

If the tires stick out from under the fenders a lot, you probably have some non-stock luv wheels with some negative backspacing. My stock rims don't really stick out much if at all. What sort of wheels do you have on there now?

The handling question is best answered by a positive, qualified, unambiguous "Depends". Dropping the front a bit gave my 2wd a little better feel in the corners and seems to give it a bit more hold, but its a trade. It adds roughness to the ride if you drop things very much. I only took out about an inch and I only barely notice the lower ride quality. Going really low gets so rough the tires will skip on even minor bumps in the road. Once you skip a little and break traction it doesn't matter how well the truck handles, you are not sticking to that corner. My opinion, don't go too crazy, and be prepared to go back higher if you can't take the bone jarring.

The six bolt pattern is the same for Isuzu, Toyotas, Nissans, and older 1/2 ton GM stuff. Only wheels I've had fit problems with were some pressed steel factory Nissan 15 inchers and it was too much backspacing. The edge of the rim rubbed on the grease fitting for the upper ball joint.

Post subject: lowering
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:57 am 
Japanese Redneck

when you lower your vehicle you get a lower center of gravity (CG) . Provided all of your suspension components are in good shape, you will get better handling out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:01 pm 
I have to agree with the right suspension components it will have better handling mine is SLAMMED lol and it rides like a friggin tank! But it does handle the corners pretty damn good. Your tires probably do have negative backspacing mine tuck quite well under the front as well as the rear granted I need to lip my rear a little but the do not rub(very rarely do they) but when I do go to the V-8 if I still have the truck when I get out of this friggin desert I will be changing out the rear end and getting it beefier and will more than likely tub it a little so I can get more rubber on the ground and it will stay slammed. I want it to be a slammed sleeper :lol: :twisted: Like I say though that is if I havent got it sold before I get back.........yes it is for sale right now. just my two pennies
later
Husker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:16 pm 
k thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:40 pm 

Any truck 6 lug except late model Dakota is same bolt circle,the off set could be different

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:51 pm 
well i want to buy some 17" and so that the offset is good enough so i can lower it a lil more if u know what i mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:58 pm 
does anyone know if some 17X8 would rub on the front of the luv? or what would be the biggest u can go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:59 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

i have 15x8 and nothin seems to rub except on my fenders which i "massage" out but looks pretty good. but other than that its fine. i don't know if being 17 instead of 15 would make a diffrence though. matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:59 pm 
LUVTruck.com Guru

i have 15x8 and nothin seems to rub except on my fenders which i "massage" out but looks pretty good. but other than that its fine. i don't know if being 17 instead of 15 would make a diffrence though. matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:11 pm 
Resident Sparktrician

I'm running 15x8 rock crawlers with 30x9.5 tires with no problems.

1990 Luv 4X4 "Family Cab"
with the big 4 banger on 31" Dueller A/Ts

1989 Dodge Raider with some junk...

"Urban Fighter F.P.C" coming soon to a road near you...:snipersmile:
got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:38 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

the thing that will make a differance is your rim back spacing and your tire profile. the higher the series number the taller your tire will be. say if you have one tire that is a 205 55 r17 thats a semi low profile tire the 205 would be your tread with in milimeters the 55 would be the tire from bead to tread is 55 % of the 205 width and that determines your side wall height. so if it was a 205 85 r 17 it would have the same tread width but a taller side wall. the first one would reduce the chance of the tires rubbing. the other benefit is the shorter sidewall will help improve handling due to less sidewall flex. it will also make the ride height a little lower. hope that helps. some tire shops have in there computers what will fit on different cars so you give them a call and see if they can help.