LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:39 pm 
Ok so I had my fenders off my luv and they were sitting in front of my garage the other day and someone came through like a bat out of hell and smashed my passenger side rear fender :evil: ( :twisted: Oh if I ever catch who did it :twisted: ) Its toast no way I can fix it. So now I'm in search for a new one. If anyone could help me that would be great. Does any one know where I might find a passenger side rear step side fender for a 76 or one that will work? If so please PM me Thanks. I can not believe how some people drive! Man I wish I were home when it happened. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:47 pm 
bummer. that will be a good find. Not impossible though. there was a post about some guy that has like 80 luvs in some state over there. not sure where. but he mails stuff. that may be a good place to start. Only thing is he is expensive to have things mailed. an ashtray cost me $50 shipping, so i sent it back.

have fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:02 pm 
Feel the Steel

Sorry man, that blows!! :evil: I will keep an eye open for one down here in Denver for ya!

RIP R.J.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:19 pm 
Yeah thanks for the info. I hope I can just find the fender and not have to buy a whole other truck just to finish the first one. Granted it would be nice to have another luv but I'm not exactly made of money right now.
It's crazy when I look at where my fenders were set and how it was hit, it's like they were aiming for them. Damn some people suck :!: :!:
If anyone knows were to find one please let me know I'll buy both as a set if I have to.
Thanks Kama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:34 am 
http://www.chevypartspro.com/cgi-bin/parts/process.html
if that doesnt work go to
http://www.chevypartspro.com ]
and enter your info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:49 pm 
go on ebay some guy is selling parts off a luv for cheap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:32 pm 
I don't know where to post so posting in the i'm pissed catagory to, got new gauges mounted in new stainlees dash and trying to hook the turn signals up to the new lights and THEY DON"T work need some guidance on this problem. btw the lights do work when hooked up direct to 12v.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:57 pm 
Resident Sparktrician

Try attaching a test light/meter to the wires that you are hooking the signal lights to, and see if you have voltage. If none, you may have to tap into the wire coming off of the blinker switch, and run that wire to the lights that you want to flash.

Just my input, but it'll work.

Jon

1990 Luv 4X4 "Family Cab"
with the big 4 banger on 31" Dueller A/Ts

1989 Dodge Raider with some junk...

"Urban Fighter F.P.C" coming soon to a road near you...:snipersmile:
got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:04 am 
When I rewired my truck with a painless kit, the hazards and blinkers were the most difficult. Its not like the 12v power source goes straight to the blinker switch, it makes a few stops on the way, possibly including the ignition- hazard- maybe some other stuff. dont remember. I was surprized.
anyway, if you have a diagram of your wiring, its not all that hard to trace the path of the power to find the problem.

Also, make sure the new guages are properly grounded.

Lastly, I'm kinda curious about your Stailess dash. Pics, links?....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 1:14 am 
http://hometown.aol.com/todmax2848/myhomepage/auto.html
that should get ya to the gauges.

is there an easier way to post pics here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:21 am 
Your on empty dude!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:09 am 
Yeah tank is empty waiting on new fuel cell and still in the wiring stage,should have done the rearend first and had a little more fun before tackling the rewire and gauge upgrade but i didn't so now i'll have to work a lot harder before summer so there will be some summer LUVIN.

Post subject: For Kama...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:32 pm 
Resident Sparktrician

Kama, auction for rear fenders is at http://forums.luvtruck.com/viewtopic.php?t=1344

got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:38 pm 
Addicted to LUV

thank you kuranosuke...i couldnt remember who needed them.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 1:17 pm 
Resident Sparktrician

No problem, I've gotten some help. This is the least I could do! :silly:

got BOOBIES? 8O 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:52 pm 
Hey thanks everyone but for some reason the fenders on ebay are not the same as most of the luv step sides I’ve seen including mine, and for some reason they don’t have the step sides on them. Its weird I didn’t even know they made fenders for the luv like these. Check the photo gallery for some of the other step sides and you can see a big difference in the fenders. Any way I did find a salvage yard that is claming to have 16 to 20 luvs and they say they have the rear step sides on a few. So I'll be going there this next weekend to find out and I'll also try to take a mental inventory of what they do have there so if anyone’s look for something let me know and I'll find out if they have it. larphead thanks for the info on ebay though. :) Just not exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:42 am 
All you guys with short boxes can probably convert over to a stepside pretty easy. When I tubbed my truck, the donor frame rails were from a short box, and if i remember right, they would have lined right up.

keep one thing in mind. An area needing to be adressed with a stepside is the rear tail lights. On a short or long box there are two separate lamps, one is like stop, and the other is turns,or lights. either way, they are separate. On a step side, you have the single lamp. YOU WILL need the factory set up to convert over. Its a little trailer lamp box thing that allows one bulb to work off the factory two bulb wiring.

I rewired my truck with painless and spent a lot of time hashing this over. As far as I can tell, your options are to conform to this set up with this trailer adaptor, or install two different tail lights in the bed of your truck.

Its worth it though.