LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:03 pm 
Does anyone know where or how I could get a set of diamond plate floor mats and inner door panels? Who could I see about getting them cut? Any input would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:11 pm 
Addicted to LUV

about any welding/machine shop shoud be able to hook you up.

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:06 am 
Addicted to LUV

that looks trick, but you are going to need a V8 to pull all that weight around.
any fabrication shop can order diamond plate and cut it. just make a cardboard cutout of it and take it to them to cut out. that is the simplest way, or you could make a CAD drawing and they could cut it out on the plasma table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:18 am 
thanks for the input, i have autocad 2002 so think i'll start taking measurements and drawing it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:48 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

When you get your measuring done let me know, I have a friend with a plasma cutter and is very good. And I live just north of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:23 pm 
this is off the subject but..... i am in rockford to. i have seen a 1977 or so orange luv running around roscoe is it you or are you the one with the scoop sticking out of the hood that is tubbed. i have a 1977 and i am getting damn close to getting out hopefully april 1st or soon there after. let me know it cool there is just more than me in illinois.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:26 pm 
That is an AWESOME idea.!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:39 pm 

Off the subject again, there is a red luv from Woodstock thats tubbed and has carbs sticking through the hood. Its pretty sweat. Back to the subject. Orange luv, are you going to use aluminum or steel? I can get it done either way, but aluminum would be easier. Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:40 pm 
Addicted to LUV

luv4me wrote:
that looks trick, but you are going to need a V8 to pull all that weight around

what if they was aluminum?
i am LIKEING this idea 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:15 am 
Addicted to LUV

when you get the CAD drawing finished send it to me and I can program the part on whatever size of plate you are going to get it cut out of and make a CNC file out of it. Unless the fab shop you will be getting it done at will do it for free. some places charge you money for time. my time for you is free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:37 am 

Forgive me for being old school, but cant you just make a template onto a peice of cardboard from your old door panels? And cut a template for the floor also? Just seems a hell of alot easier than spending hours in front of a computer when you can cut them in a matter of minutes. Just my oppinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:38 am 
Addicted to LUV

Why just do it when you can apply technology to the problem, eh? Diamond plate has been an idea going around in my head for quite a while now. I was thinking of redoing the guage cluster and glovebox door as well as putting a plate on the door panels. I also have plans for bending out diamondplate rocker panel covers and using them to cover and strengthen the rusted out rockers on my 79. I need to kill the rust gremlins in there first though, and this is not the paint/body work season in Oregon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:49 am 
Addicted to LUV

the more i think about this the more i like it. is it possible to have diamond plate anodized? i think the door panels would look sweeet blue anodized. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:21 am 
I have alway dreamed of building the small bed box that my stepside are mounted to and doing it in diamond plate. just a square box with a bit of a rail around it. I could weld the aluminum cell right into the bed. the diamonds would be facing in, and paint on the outside. i think i have enough traction to take the weight loss :twisted:

I saw a guy weld aluminum with electric stick, looked easy and a lot cleaner than welding steel.

BTW, i building an aol home page, but cant get my d*mn pics to load. Sux.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:36 am 
yeah thats me rolling around roscoe, you should let me know when you get yours done so we can meet up some time, i'm still stock but i'm sure it'd be cool to roll around with another luv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:43 pm 
sweet i'll let you know when i get mine out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:01 pm 
I have a friend who owns a machine shop and he recommended me to another shop, I will be having them work with aluminum diamond plate, not steel, steel just seems a bit pricey, the weight doesn't mean much to me right now, i'm running a stock 1.8 4 speed with Flowmaster muffler, Pacesetter header, and a K&N filter. When I switch to a small block i'll start to concern myself with weight, but I only have 42,000 miles on my original motor. I wasn't expecting this much feedback but since everyone seems to be interested I will most likely start measuring out the floor soon. I'll start a different post after I get meausrements and prices and such. Thanks again everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:16 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

I don't know where u all are, but one day here in Oklahoma City i was at Lowes (or Home Depot) and they wanted $60 for a 24" x 24" piece of aluminum diamond plate. I know its probably cheaper if i go to a sheet metal shop, but it can't be that big of a difference in price. either way thats alot of dough just to spruce up the interior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:32 pm 
I know a 4'x8' sheet of 1/8" aluminum diamond plate costs around $480 here.I had to make a floor in a freight elevator out of some.I was thinking of backhalving mine and replacing the bed floor with it all polished up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:14 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Im thinking that it will create more heat in the truck if sunlight hits it. Plus if you touch it with your knee, it will burn you. Not to mention reflective glare. You tend to think this way when you live in Texas.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.