LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: fuel cell or diff tank
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:38 pm 
i have a question for ya all. what if any kind of fuel cells is anyone using and where is the best place to mount? bed or under? and has anyone tried to pout a rear mount behind the axle under the bed like 78 or 79 buicks or cutlass with the filler tube in the back. any help appreciated. i'm close to getting out but tank has a hole. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:19 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

use your search option look up post pictures for ya racelife. you will see some good picture of ben` fuel cell it`s mounted under the bed and behind the axle. my .02 cents if you need a new tank go with a cell . its about the same price as having a tank cleaned.plus the outlets are bigger so you can get plenty of fuel to that motor. if you plan on running nitrous you can also upgrade to the additional outlet. later :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:31 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Dang... that sounds like a good idea... I was about to finally get mine cleaned and lined... but hell, a cell is only about 50 bucks more for the whole setup... and I'm going v8 this spring anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:03 am 
Addicted to LUV

mine is mounted under the bed behind the axle for better weight distribution.
it is a 16 gallon JAZ cell.
I have a pic of it on my web.
http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/xr50freekz/luvbuild.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:29 pm 
hey drummer check out e bay i saw quite a few cells on there. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:30 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

that was me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:54 pm 
Mine is under the bed, behind the 9. its one of those black plastic fuel cells. Its allright. the weight thing has an advantage, but I dont plan on draggin it with a full tank- so Im movin it this spring to just behind the cab. Im installing a set of rollbars and the two that goto the rear of the chassy will also mount a new aluminum cell between them. my reason for moving it is mainly for looks. my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:07 pm 
i run a 22gal tank behind the 9" i cut a hole in the bed and put the filler there hey 77ssluv you should try at the track with the tank full all the way full it helps my 60ft times .each gal of gas weights apx7.5lbs so 10gal is 75 lbs i start seeing a difference at about 4 gal's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:48 am 
hey 77ssluv, 4linkluv is there any chance on pictures of how those fuel cells look from behind or install pictures. wanted to see how far down they hang and if anything has to be cut to get them in right. i saw the one pictures on here from the one tank that was put under the bed and it looks like he cut out something. please post pictures if possible, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:26 am 
some of you may think this is weak! BUT, my reason for running less fuel is my comfort zone. If i crack my stuff up, i dont want to fuel a DAVE ROAST. 8O I'm building this fast truck and worry about everything! anyway....thats it

Craig, i spent all night trying to upload pics to a new homepage with my truck history on it, cant figure it out. its an aol page. I dont know of another free page that will allow text. so ill keep trying and post when i get it done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:42 pm 
yo 77ssluv, hey take you time on the pictures its not like i want to get my truck OUT OR ANYTHING!!! lol. no thats cool i'll just keep looking for them. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:35 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

hey 77 do what you feel is right for you the more comfotable you are in your luv. the better racer you will be in the end 8) if your not at your comfort level whether its a seat,helmet,or running your tank 1/2 full it`s one less thing on your mind. so you can concentrate on the task at hand.later :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:54 pm 
i was looking in the picture gallery and there are no good pics of the tank
what you see in the one pic is the cover i built for the cell .nhra rule,but it does not hang down its 24x24x10 i have a tow hitch and a fold down plate
but the stock roll pan does a good job of covering it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:19 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

check out " pictures for ya racelife" use the search to find it there are pics of ben`s fuel cell that might help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:47 am 
see if i can post this;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:25 pm 
Addicted to LUV

ya know...im still trying to figure out why you have that resse hitch on there :?

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:31 am 
LOl.....(yeah). Well, when I bought the truck 4 trs ago, i sold the wife on the purchase promising her it would be a 'wheel barrel' with a motor. We have a utility trailer, and would buzz around in the luv, so I had the 5,000# hitch put on.

Since then, i mounted the supports for the tilt bed to the metal in the hitch. I plan on a roll pan to cover it up, but have a little removable opening to take a hitch just in case. My boys and I have a go cart and motor bikes. Maybe haul them to the local track with the truck. With the larger motor now, maybe I can pull a 25' travel trailer :lol: