LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:53 am 
:lol: Dont know why, but just had a chuckle. Because my guess is thats what youde LIKE to think your going to do. BUT, If you have the kit sitting there, one day soon youll be wondering what your motor will do 'with' the kit. That nitrous kit has a way of influencing you even if its in a box, in another room. It knows you know its there. :twisted: It will call at you.... when u sleep....

I know, cause thats how it was for me. Mine gets jetted between 100 and 125 hp. I can definately feel the difference. Lets see how long u can hold out. It is a good idea to let your motor prove itself for a bit before throwin on the juice.

Have fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:23 am 
74 LUV, DO YOU REMEMBER THE PART NUMBER ON YOUR CALTRACKS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 10:34 am 
74LUV wrote:
I have a 74 luv with Cal Tracs on it, it is not tubbed and has 29 x 10 slicks on 15" rims, 456 gear. I took it to the track for the first time on march 8, the truck did a 1.43 60 ft. Calvert racing makes the Cal Tracs they worked good for me. the cost was $312.00. good luck

Post subject: Cal Tracs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:59 pm 
I have no part #. This was the first set they had made for a Luv. I worked with Travis at Calvert Racing on all the sizes when he was making them. Here is the phone # 661-948-1490 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:55 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

well so far the nitrous has ben on the shelf about 3 months. i`ve got it sitting on the shelf next to the computer. so it is a big tease sitting there. it makes for a good conversation piece for parties too. i have 90% of my performance parts in the house that are not on the truck. i have a alcohol carb next to the nitrous system to that i need to try out. and yes my wife actually lets me keep the more expensive parts in the house. later :twisted:

Post subject: parts in house
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:18 pm 
Thats hilarious that she lets you keep parts in the house. My mom used to keep my dad rebuilt Rochester F.I. for his vette in her cedar chest next to all of her photos and keepsakes. Bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:48 pm 
da LUV masta

Hey I might add some perspective - trust me the guys with Novas and camaros have the same issues that the LUV's have as far as traction is concerned. The guy who might know the most about getting a LUV to hook up on small tires is Mike Saiki - he built the black truck in the gallery.. I don't know how much of his combination he is willing to volunteer, but he has run 1.4 60ft times on MT 8.5" street tires! Not to mention that truck yanks the front tires off the ground..

---------------------------------------------
63 Nova
74 Camaro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:01 pm 
LUVTruck.com Lifer

hey derek good to here from you haven`t seen you on here in awhile. well if mike is willing to share his secrets i`m listening. later :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:07 pm 
mikes luv runs a 28 x 10.5 street et , alot of those camaros/novas run a mono-leaf spring that is either a LANDRUM aftermarket deal or they use a stock spring .

the biggest thing with slapper bars is your front suspension travel , run limiters to prevent to much weight transfer and the other issue is pinion angle , other issues can be the bushings in the leaf springs could be worn out .

there is a link to mikes site on the photo page with his truck .