LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:24 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

@ ozluvtrucker i know this is a reply to an old post, but its worth a try.

that box behind the seat is amazing.

do you still have the dimensions for it, and was it behind buckets or a bench? thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:19 pm 
Australian LUV Guru

Heres the link to the dimensions. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14869

LUVTRKR wrote:
It does have a license plate so technically it is a street truck, that sets off car alarms and makes kids cry. lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:15 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

sweet thanks so much! that is by far the cleanest box i've ever seen. Do you still have room for fire hydrant, jack, tools, etc? or deffinately not. haha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:10 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

oh and i see something around your speakers, is that something to improve sound quality, or just to mount, and does this set up sound good? should there be a port or anything.

thanks again!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:27 am 
Australian LUV Guru

With the box installed theres no room left for the jack, tools etc. The front panel is double thickness, two pieces of board glued together. The speakers are screwed into the the second piece, the top piece has holes larger than the speakers cut out. Im running the speakers off a 400watt 4channel amp, im very happy with the sound quality. The box isn't sealed so i havn't added a port.
Attachment:
img028.jpg
img028.jpg [ 56.33 KiB | Viewed 2921 times ]

LUVTRKR wrote:
It does have a license plate so technically it is a street truck, that sets off car alarms and makes kids cry. lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:53 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

oh okay so there is no back. cool cool. thanks a bunch :-) and i appreciate the fact that you even sketched it out for me!! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:56 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

hey so my girlfriends dad owns a countertop refacing company and hes gonna let me use some of the scraps left over, the wood anyway :-p, to make this box of yours, and he's gonna help me out. so ill have the box finished on saturday/sunday and just wanted to know where exactly you cut the middle part out at. like where at specifically on the left side, on the right, and how far in it was cut, so i can get an exact fit you know? over the transmission bump or w/e that thing is.

thanks again! ill post some pictures and let you know how it turned out! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:56 pm 
Australian LUV Guru

SkyyPayne wrote:
hey so my girlfriends dad owns a countertop refacing company and hes gonna let me use some of the scraps left over, the wood anyway :-p, to make this box of yours, and he's gonna help me out. so ill have the box finished on saturday/sunday and just wanted to know where exactly you cut the middle part out at. like where at specifically on the left side, on the right, and how far in it was cut, so i can get an exact fit you know? over the transmission bump or w/e that thing is.

thanks again! ill post some pictures and let you know how it turned out! :-)

I used a large coffee tin to mark the half circle, its not a exact fit to the tunnel. Just take two measurements of the tunnel, height and width and find a tin a little larger to allow some clearence and mark it out.

LUVTRKR wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:46 am 
lives at LUVTruck.com

cool thanks a bunch! ill go take those measurements tomorrow then. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:11 pm 

I thought id add my 2 cents worth and I went for the install in the door (see attach) which is not a goods photo but you should be able to get the general idea. I used a spacer and 6.5 speaker and just simply drilled em in and they sound great. Plus the other way iinstalling into the door would mean a lot of cutting metal and measuring and dodging the door glass window. I was gonna go the rear seat install but figured it would drown out the quality of the speaker sound (it would be good for a sub as its all low frequecy going through but with mids and highs I dont think it would be a good quality sound (just put a pillow over a 2-3 way speaker and see what it sounds like)...but thats just my view and not intented to offend anyone who has gone to great effort to install behind seat. I like the above the head install as it would give great sound as there is nothing in front of it. Also I have installed a few sub and speaker systems in my time and realise there is a lot of space under the glovebox area and i have had my eye on those cylinder type subwoofers (with inbuilt amp) and it would tuck up nicely under the glove box (plus this would allow for the passenger to still stretch there legs out in an already not very big leg room). or the the other spot i was considering for my sub was removing the heater and fan control unit (dont know if thats what its called...) which divides the driver and passger leg room. cheers hope this may help someone. Also I might add that i used splits and this is ideal because you can then control where the treble is best situated to get those beautiful highs...

shaggs
:D

Attachments:
m_9be5ed4cec7090578428dd7015704af8[1].jpg
m_9be5ed4cec7090578428dd7015704af8[1].jpg [ 6.23 KiB | Viewed 3088 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:47 am 

Better pic of me speakers below :D

shaggs wrote:
I thought id add my 2 cents worth and I went for the install in the door (see attach) which is not a goods photo but you should be able to get the general idea. I used a spacer and 6.5 speaker and just simply drilled em in and they sound great. Plus the other way iinstalling into the door would mean a lot of cutting metal and measuring and dodging the door glass window. I was gonna go the rear seat install but figured it would drown out the quality of the speaker sound (it would be good for a sub as its all low frequecy going through but with mids and highs I dont think it would be a good quality sound (just put a pillow over a 2-3 way speaker and see what it sounds like)...but thats just my view and not intented to offend anyone who has gone to great effort to install behind seat. I like the above the head install as it would give great sound as there is nothing in front of it. Also I have installed a few sub and speaker systems in my time and realise there is a lot of space under the glovebox area and i have had my eye on those cylinder type subwoofers (with inbuilt amp) and it would tuck up nicely under the glove box (plus this would allow for the passenger to still stretch there legs out in an already not very big leg room). or the the other spot i was considering for my sub was removing the heater and fan control unit (dont know if thats what its called...) which divides the driver and passger leg room. cheers hope this may help someone. Also I might add that i used splits and this is ideal because you can then control where the treble is best situated to get those beautiful highs...

shaggs

Attachments:
SL370462.JPG
SL370462.JPG [ 1.71 MiB | Viewed 2923 times ]