LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: front spindles?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:34 pm 
i am fixing to get a rearend from an s-10 and to have the 5 hole, but was wondering how i could go about making my front spindles 5 hole as well, wil the ones of the s-10 work?

later
E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:42 pm 
Addicted to LUV

The smoothest way of dealing with this is to ship your hubs and rotors to Moser Engineering and have them reworked to match the S-10 pattern. They have to redrill the assembies (hub and rotor together) so you might want to be sure your rotors are in really good shape because once the process is done, It's pretty much permanent.They worked my hubs on my truck and they did a great job!

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

if you don't mind answering, how much did that cost you :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:10 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Moser charged me $73.75. That included shipping back to me. The cost i paid for shipping from Texas to Moser Eng(Indiana) was about $35.00. A couple of the lugs are a tight fit but it works great even at 80+ MPH on the Hwy. Along with the redrill they supply you with new threaded studs (very strong setup) You will need to work a clearance issue as the studs will make contact with the disk brake caliper mount (minor problem). I removed some metal along the bottom of the mount. I was working on changing the front brakes to disk at the time.

What do Water, Electricity and Humans have in common... They all travel the path of least resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:03 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Like blue said, I just had moser do mine a couple months ago and i like them. But definately check your rotors before you ship. I didn't check mine before i shipped em and when i got them back i saw that is was kinda permanent, but luckily my rotors were good and not warped :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:51 am 
Addicted to LUV

thanks guys. :D i've been wondering that forever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:38 pm 
well thats good to know, hmmm not a bad price either i will look into that, may be running 5 lug on the back with slicks and 6 hole on the front for awhile lol

later

E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:06 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I bought 2 rims over 5 years ago for the Ford axle and they sat around until i finally installed everything last summer. The rims i picked out were available in 5 and 6 lug patterns. The idea was to hold off on buying front rims to cut cost at the time. The company that made the rims is long gone and i had to scramble to find rims that would work out ok and the fact that i converted the brakes to disk plus going to a 5 lug pattern rework of the hubs. Also the they had to be 14" rims. I had to settle for the front rims i have now because 14" rims are not common anymore. So dont go crazy on the rims until your ready for all 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:31 pm 
MINE STILL HAS THE OLD BRAKE HUBS BUT HAD THIM REDRILLED TO FORD 5 LUG FOUND A LOCAL SHOP TO DO IT COST ME $40.00 FOR BOTH MOST MACHINE SHOPS CAN DO IT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:13 pm 
I e-mailed Moser. They said they no longer did the Luv lug conversions. I guess I'll find a shop here locally to do it.......Eventually. Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:06 pm 
Addicted to LUV

That's a shame that they dont work the lug conversion anymore. They did a quality job and supplied you with new wheel studs. If i find out about another company that does the mod, i'll post it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:47 pm 
Well, I put off getting my front hubs to Moser, and now it's too late. If anybody knows a macine shop in the Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia, Washington area that will re-drill hubs to 5-bolt, let me know.
Thanks, John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:42 pm 
old man i will be looking in tacoma to find some one to do mine, if i find one i'll post it to ya who and where they are located

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:47 am 
LUVTruck.com Guru

Call Moser, they did mine about 3 months ago, they still list it as a service on their website. It was probably someone who works there as a pc guy and didn't know what a LUV was so his first thought was no. just my 2 cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 7:18 am 
hey guys i just called moser at 7:00 am my time (chicago) and they said they do not do that anymore. that really sucks!!! i am going to look around here and hopefully find something. good luck to everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:10 pm 
Has anyone tried the adapters for different lug pattern,and do they hold up?this is there web site.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

I see that they handle 4 and 5 lug applications but i didn't see anything for 6 lug? Plus it doesn't seem to be cost effective. Those adapters are pricey.

Post subject: 5-lug rotors
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:42 am 
I used spindles and rotors from a 76 toyota 2-wheel drive pick up. You will have to have the upper ball joint hole reamed out bigger to let the larger luv ball joint fit properly, that is about all that is required to make them fit. I went ahead and also replaced the brake lines with the toyota ones also.

Post subject: front hubs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:27 pm 
:D let me solve your problems... i took my hubs to local machine shop, have them weld your hubs and rotors together. then have them weld up the bolt holes that bolt them to together, weld the holes solid.then have them drill and tap to the bolt pattern you need. then have them get a grade 8 bolt cut the head off screw it down with lock tite and put a tack weld on it. although this is permanent this works great and very cheap i have 18" wheels on my luv and a 350 roller motor and not one problem!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:46 am 
Addicted to LUV

i took my hubs to local machine shop, have them weld your hubs and rotors together. then have them weld up the bolt holes that bolt them to together, weld the holes solid.then have them drill and tap to the bolt pattern you need. then have them get a grade 8 bolt cut the head off screw it down with lock tite and put a tack weld on it.

good tip for everyone :D