LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:52 am 
hey i just picked up a 1980 luv 4x4 and i need a detailed how to on sticking a 350 into it to make a nasty little 4x4 also i would like any sudgestions that you all might have. if anyone on here has done this about what did it cost thanks

p.s. sorry about the spelling it's a g.e.d. thing

Post subject: Engine upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:28 pm 
I have a 79 4X4 i am wanting to put a more powerful engine in also. Any information on a combination that will retain the 4 wheel drive will be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:38 pm 
Hey there guys, I have a 79 4x4 and I'm looking to do the same thing. The thing is though, from what I've learned the only way to make it a v8 is to replace the engine, trans, transfer case combo. Even then, assuming IF you stay with the stock front and rear ends, you have to match up a new driveshaft and appropriate front yoke.
Most people on here will tell you though that if you're going to drop a new engine and drivetrain into the thing you should change out the front and rears too, seeing as how they won't hold up for long under the V8 power. I've been told that a solid dana 44 in the front and 60 in the rear isn't such a bad idea. You'd have to rip out the torsion beams and create mounts for the front but in the end you'd have a pretty mean LUV.

In other words, its a LOT of work if you're new to this sort of thing. I would suggest searching on here for some posts, theres a lot of really smart LUV guys on this forum who can unload quite a bit of knowledge on you.