LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Disc brake swap
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:47 pm 

I just sent a message to Wilwood about putting together a disc brake kit for the LUV. I am looking into finding a hub that will be close to what I need. I might machine my own since all the other options are drying up. I want a 5 lug hub that'll take someones rotor and use a wilwood caliper. I also want the front track to be narrower than stock so the wheels will be easier to tuck inside the fender.

Front wheel inner bearing
Timken 32206m
National 32206

Front outer wheel bearing
Timken 32304m
National 32304

Inner bearing seal
National 1949

There is also a possibility that they might use my truck to make a bolt on disc brake conversion.

Post subject: Re: Disc brake swap
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:02 pm 

Hi moparchris, don't know if it will help you but Aerospace Components does manufacture a 4-piston disc brake/hub kit for the Luv. I think the part number is AC-247VR for the street. They also manufacture one strictly for drag racing too. I know the kit does set the wheels out some, I'm thinking about 1/2". I have purchased a kit for my 72 LUV but have installed 4" wide Cragar S/S so there isn't a problem with fender clearance. The kit is rather pricy, I'm thinking right at $965.00, presently they do have 30% off.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:37 am 
Addicted to LUV

I just looked at the Aerospace website and with the 30% off the street kit is $750 with free shipping. I haven't seen them that cheap before.

Three Amigos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 pm 
Addicted to LUV

Wilwood is local to me. I know one of the engineers there. I have been on him for at least a decade about a LUV set up. He has always told me not enough on the road to support them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:55 am 

Well, I saw that Aerospace was having a sale 30% off. So I bought a set AC247. It set me back $650. I think I will be money ahead on this one by the time I try to machine something and buy rotors and calipers. I am not really all that happy about the wheel sticking out so I am going to explore my options when I get to putting the brakes on. Oh and LUVTRKR we talked at the donut shop a few times about your luv. I was inquiring about your other Luvs for sale.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:05 am 

I think you will like the LUV Aerospace brake/hub kit. I purchased the street version several years ago and was impressed with the product and customer support when I had questions. One of the salesman at Aerospace, (I forget which one), raced a Chevy LUV years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:58 am 
Addicted to LUV

moparchris wrote:
Well, I saw that Aerospace was having a sale 30% off. So I bought a set AC247. It set me back $650. I think I will be money ahead on this one by the time I try to machine something and buy rotors and calipers. I am not really all that happy about the wheel sticking out so I am going to explore my options when I get to putting the brakes on. Oh and LUVTRKR we talked at the donut shop a few times about your luv. I was inquiring about your other Luvs for sale.

I think I remember you from the donut shop. Glad to see you got a Luv and are working it over. I am in the middle of an engine swap right now on my 72. Been sick as a dog for the last 3 weeks but hoping to get it in and going again soon. I am expecting at least 100 more HP out of the new motor. I'll be at the donut shop as soon as I can drive it again!

Three Amigos