LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:40 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Hello, I have a 1978 Luv, rebuilt 2.0 block, 1.8 head, delta cam, dual valve springs with titanium retainers, a 5 speed Trans and dellorto 45 side draft carb. To run the carb properly, I bought an electric fuel pump that is rated for 3 to 5 psi.

I turned on the truck for the first time but have a problem I haven't figured out. The truck turns on for 10 seconds then dies. It turns back on every time, for about 10 seconds and dies. While it's on I'm able to rev it and it feels good, no hesitations. I bought a banjo for the carb that has a return line and no change. I checked the floats and they are where they are suppose to be. It just seems to run out of gas. I cleaned out the gas tank before turning it on, the carb is rebuilt, gas cap and filter are new. I used a spark plug tester to make sure I wasn't running out of power to the spark plugs some how. That all checked out good.

I've tried getting a hold of ctmandu because he is the only one I've seen here try this combination with no luck. Any suggestions on trouble shooting would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:03 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

In case this happens to anyone in the future with a similar build. I was able to get some direction from Tobytj from OZGEMINI.COM. So again, I'm not too savvy in mechanics or electrics but what I understood from him was that the electric fuel pump is on a circuit and that circuit might have been cutting off the pump.

So I connected the fuel pump direct to the battery, and it worked.