LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 am 

i got one from ebay this year for 170 for my 75 wedge head motor when i got to the house and we took off the stock manifold it would not fit. I ad said it bolted to a 72-75 luv still confused/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:07 pm 
da LUV masta

if you look at my build thread I have an Offy intake on my 72.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21437

I have a manual choke Weber carb on there now. It looks like I need to update my build thread, sorry to folks that asked me questions since I last posted!

EDIT: After reading Mokadeth's ad I realized that there are 3 versions of this intake; one fits a stock Hitachi carb (6059DP), one fits a Holley carb (6059DPH), and one fits the Weber carb (6059DPW). If you are talking about the carb not fitting that might be why. Mine is a 6059DP and I had to use the Weber adapter to make the new carb fit, since it was designed for the stock carb to bolt on. The stock carb bolted on the Offy since I got the correct one for that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:15 pm 
Assimilated into LUVTruck.com

I recently picked up another #6059 intake, but I am not sure if it is the #6059-DPH for the Holley carb, or the #6059-DP for the stock carb. Is there a way to tell between the two? I know it isn't a #6059-DPW because my Weber adapter plates don't line up. I haven't talked to Offy yet to see what they say and if this is for the Holley carb, then I would like to get the adapter kit before I look for a good home for this intake. I don't have any pre-'76 trucks, so I don't have any use for this intake. I also have a very lightly used #6059-DPW intake for sale if anyone is interested. I bought the adapter kit from Offy as well so it can go with it.