LUVTruck.com

phpBBV3 Message Board
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:02 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

Well, I started my swap today and already ran into problems, I got the 4cylinder out in less than an hour and sat the 3.8 Buick v6 down in to see what I'd have to do to make it work. Well, they fit in chevettes and LUV's, but they obviously dotn fit in chevettes on luv frames with out ALOT fo cutting. So what I have decided to do is, cuat the unibody support and the inner fenders clear out, so all thats left is the core support and fenders, and then i'm going to build custom inner fenders out of aluminum, and do it so that I ahve room for a 350, if I decide to upgrade to that someday. And becuas ei'm running the cars bumper, and it will be weak with out the support of the unibody stuff, i'm goign to take square tubing and build supports to match the custom inner fenders, and hopefully I get this all doen by the 30th, for the scheduled Wellsville ride.

If any of you hav epitcures of the mounts you used in your v6 swaps, let me see them..please...... same with the tranny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:03 pm 
Addicted to LUV

heres mine, i got em off ebay they are for a 3.8 into datsan. i had to cut 1" of the upright parts to get it to fit then i welded them onto the frame.

as for a trans mount, i just used the stock offset buick mount. and welded a peice of 1/8" x 3" flat stock onto the crossmember. i can get a pic if you really need it

All I need is my weed, women, and wine. -Edge City Outlaws

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:51 pm 
Addicted to LUV

4x4 chevette... what are you doing transmission-wise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:12 pm 
lives at LUVTruck.com

I got y mounts set up today, used the stock mount son the engine and took the mounts off of the oldsmobile frame and bolted them onto the LUV frame, and I used the center mount transmission mount off of a transmission that came from a 350.

I am using the auto that came with the engine, with a divorced transfer case from a samuri behind it.